The "thank you 4LS" thread.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CBK

Re: Unbelievable

Post by CBK »

It was Emi's, if you all must know haha. I understand its a lot of people's first playthrough branch, i guess cause its easy to fall into? Regardless of that fact, I didnt know how the first act of the game has you making choices to determine whos story you saw, so it felt slightly more natural for me when it ended up that way. I dont exactly want to pour my heart out but, I had a relationship very similar to the one Hisao and Emi had, but mine did not exactly get past the "pushing you away to keep you at a distance" phase. She had much of the same qualities of an Emi in that she also came in at a dark time in my life and pulled me out of it with extreme positive energy. It was a long time ago so I've come to terms, but it was really touching to see even a fictionalized version of that story have a happy ending.

I think its for that reason that I will opt out of seeing the rest of the endings, it would totally spoil it for me to see more Hisao versions, the one i saw suits me just fine :wink:
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

khaosdvorak wrote:Just please tell me it's not Kenji.

We have "yet" to see someone fall for his Shaman eyes.
That would be extraordinary.
darkrei

Post by darkrei »

honestly,when kenji took off his glasses..he was like another person for a few seconds...then he put them back and you hear a *scratch*
funniest moment of the game.
(actually,kenji is there in the sole purpose of giving the player some laugh,I think)
megiddo

Post by megiddo »

CBK wrote:I will opt out of seeing the rest of the endings,
i hope you will reconsider eventually.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

megiddo wrote:
CBK wrote:I will opt out of seeing the rest of the endings,
I hope you will reconsider eventually.
I have to say, you will be missing so much if you only go for one arc. I can't recommend completing it 100% enough, every split-second of this game is just wonderful... well, except for the bits with Jigoro. Fuck that guy.

...well, enough of my gushing. Suffice it to say that it is well worth the effort (in both an emotional and temporal sense) to experience every route.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Aili

Re: The "thank you 4LS" thread.

Post by Aili »

Uhm, thanks 4LS for creating such wonderful routes, even if it's not a game for everyone. I've played every route, and while I enjoyed some routes more than others, I have to admit every writer made a route worth playing/reading. Especially Suriko, the writer of my favorite route.

I played this game when I was very lonely, and just playing Lilly's route made me happy. The game is amazing, and it inspired me to become a better person. Thank you for creating something so wonderful, 4LS.
Lilly > Misha> Shizune > Hanako > Emi > Rin
Scelous

Just wanted to say thanks

Post by Scelous »

This'll probably be the only time I visit these forums, but I wanted to stop by and say thanks to the dev team of Katawa Shoujo. I had been hearing about the game for awhile now, but a dating sim? Come on, now. I'm more of a Modern Warfare/Mass Effect guy. I mean, I like Western games.

I started playing KS because I consider myself a well-rounded gamer, and the recent article on Kotaku finally made me try it out. I was bored at first; I was kind of just browsing the text, going through the motions, pressing space, but then I really started to get into it. The characters are very well developed, and the sex scenes didn't seem gratuitous or anything. The fact that Katawa Shoujo is such good work and was done for free, I really wanted to say thanks for letting me play it. It'll probably be the only dating sim that I play, but it's good.

Also, you guys should let Miki be romanceable. Gawd DAMN she is hot. I would be all over that like a bum on a sandwich.
yummines

Re: Just wanted to say thanks

Post by yummines »

KS isn't a dating sim. its a visual novel.

js
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

It's also a Western Game through and through. I don't even recall any of the staff originating in an Eastern country. That said, glad you enjoyed it.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Scelous

Post by Scelous »

Ah, my apologies. A visual novel.

Also, I guess perhaps I should have said Western style. It may not have been produced in Japan, but it does have the obvious anime style.
dekenfrost

First playthrough, thanks and thoughts

Post by dekenfrost »

So hey everyone. I just completed the Game for the first time and have a few thoughts that I need to get out somewhere .. so I thought this would be the right place. It's not often a game, or rather an interactive medium, left me that unsure what to feel.

First of all something about me. I am not a very big anime-fan anymore. I was heavily into it when I was younger but I guess I got overwhelmed by all the crap that flooded the market after it got "cool" So I rarely watch anime anymore, apart from a few shows I deem watchable. I am also an avid gamer, always interested in new experiences and things that I haven't seen before.

So when I heard about this game I certainly got interested. A hentai game about disabled girls, spawned on 4chan ? I was curious, yet unsure what would come out of it. I was probably expecting really unapropriate sex-scenes at the very least.

A while back I downloaded Act1 and started out skipping through a lot of text to get to the "good" parts. But it didn't take long until I became attached to the well written characters and the amazing artwork. Before I knew it I spent some hours playing through the whole of Act1 and, unlike how I feel about a lot of other games nowadays, I wanted more. At that time I also already pretty much decided to persue Rin's path.

So today I played through the complete game and decided to continue where I left off and get Rin's good ending, and that's exactly what I did. I must say, there where a few occasions where I thought that I fucked up. Emotionally I was making myself ready to get my heart broken only to restart at the last juncture. But that wasn't the case, there where still a few surprised the game had for me. The story is so well written that you never really have that sense of "I need to say sentence A to get Ending X" and so on. Even if there are very little instances where on can change the story .. you never really know what consequences your choices will have, which is a lot more realistic than in many games I have played.

At this point I didn't look foreward to the explicit scenes anymore because I got so attached to Rin that I was afraid anything remotely hentai would feel weirdly out of place. But I was wrong. Everything explicit was woven into the story in a way that felt necessary.

In the end I did get the "good ending" although I had to look that up because it wasn't a candy coated black and white "happy ending" that I would've expected from such a game. Instead it was far more realistic than that, leaving me unsure with what I should feeld about this whole experience. I want to see the other character arcs, but first I need a little bit of distance .. it might sound weird but this is how the story played out for me .. I don't want to change that so quickly.

And that brings me here. I guess I just felt the need to let this out somewhere, mainly to sort my own thoughts. All in all this has been a very pleasent experience since it made me think about it a lot and provoked emotions in me. And that is ultimately what I seek in entertainment, and it is something that is not easy to get by.

And all this by a group of amateur developers and artist, who got together on the internet. Stuff like that makes me happy, thanks for that.
khaosdvorak

Re: First playthrough, thanks and thoughts

Post by khaosdvorak »

I find it amazing that all kinds of people can play KS and find it to be amazing. I myself had no idea what to expect, and had never played a VN before. This game hit me really hard, but in a good way.

I'm glad to see that someone else finds it to be such an amazing game. It truly is great, especially since it spawned from the internet and is free.
When Hanako smiles it makes you feel on top of the world.
When hanako cries.....*HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG* *dies*

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

I just wanted to leave here my words of gratitude for creating this piece of art (in the general sense of the word). I've spent some days totally inmerse in the story, and willing to reach the conclusion, devouring the story like when you get a really good book. though I didn't wanted actually it coming to an end.

The game is admirably polished. Its art and its music are really nice. Also, while playing you want to know more and more about the main characters stories.

I admire greatly the dedicated labour from 4LS to make such jewel for free, and so I want to give you a big thank you.
ProtocolRain

Post by ProtocolRain »

Thank you for making this.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

ProtocolRain wrote:Thank you for making this.
Damn, I wish I could've been that concise, ahahaha.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |