Full screen not working

echoeagle3

Full screen not working

Post by echoeagle3 »

so whenever I play Katawa Shoujo. I can't ever get it to be full screen. Yes I know there is a button in the options for fullscreen. But when I click on it the size of the game remains the same and the rest of my screen just becomes a huge black border around the game in the center. My computer is a windows 7 with a 1600x900 screen resolution. I think at some point in the past I was able to get it to be full screen but I don't remember what happened. Maybe I am wrong. So what can I do to get the game to actual fullscreen
Erybis

Re: Full screen not working

Post by Erybis »

This is a question for the Support section, not the Public Discussion section. At least I think it is. Try posting it there. Someone might help.

EDIT: Ah. I know what your problem is. Go to the Appearance and Personalization of your Control Panel. Under Display, one of the options should be Adjust screen resolution. Go there and adjust the resolution to that of your monitor. Should work from there.

EDIT II: Damn it, read the problem wrong. Try to uninstall and reinstall. I don't use fullscreen, so there is a possibility that what you see IS fullscreen.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

In any case, it would probably be best to wait three more days and see if the problem still exists in the full version. Not much use going troubleshooting the demo NOW...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
dragonfi

Post by dragonfi »

I have one idea, I'm not sure if it's the case, but the info should be correct.

On LCD monitors native resolution is way better than anything else (because each pixel basically have it's own liqud cristal, as opposed to the much more fine-grained phosphor on CRT-s). Another problem is that modern monitors have a wide variety of aspect ratios.

So, when you try to use a non-native resolution the display driver can basically choose from 3 things:

1. Use the asked-for resolution and disregard aspect ratio: That will use the full surface of the display, but distort the image. Also, the image might appear blurry. (Due to inexact mapping between logical and physical screen pixels.)
2. Use the asked-for resolution, but use the correct aspect ratio: You will probably have bars on both side of the image. Also, the image might appear a bit blurry. (Same as above.)
3. Scale the image down, and keep aspect ratio: The image will be sharp (due to exact mappings of pixels), but you will probably have borders on each side of the image. (Also, if your monitor have a big resolution, the 800x600 area (in the case of KS) might appear quite small, same size as the windowed version would be actually.)

The default option can usually be modified from the display driver's control panel in your operating system.