Problems with forums on iPhone: RESOLVED

DMGnome

Problems with forums on iPhone: RESOLVED

Post by DMGnome »

I've noticed one minor and one extremely minor problem:
-I don't think edits are properly recorded if you're making them from a phone.
-Code displays are apparently cut off if they're too long (happened to me here.)

I'm using an iPhone 3G, Safari. Priority on these, especially that second bug, is low, but I thought it would be best to mention them.

[Edited in order to test point one]
Last edited by DMGnome on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
Juno

Re: Problems viewing forums on iPhone

Post by Juno »

Does that only happen in this forum or in any other phpBB one as well?
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

I don't know about code tags, but editing seems to be recorded properly on other forums.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
outbackshaq

Post by outbackshaq »

I've yet to have difficulties viewing this on my blackberry... sorry, I don't have an iphone to recreate the error with
Theres always a work around ;)
DMGnome

Re: Problems with forums on iPhone

Post by DMGnome »

I guess point one isn't really a problem viewing the forum, just a weirdness about editing posts. And point two is a viewing problem, but it's a very rare case; not many people use code tags.

Additional poking reveals Select All and then copy/paste gets everything inside code tags. And a quick edit to the OP regarding the "viewing" bit shows that editing is now properly recorded, apparently. WEIRD. (And phooey, my magic undetectable typo eraser has now vanished.)

[Edited to check recording, again.]

[EDIT: apparently it doesn't record? Or it only records title changes, or edits to the OP, or something? Man I don't even know.]

[Edit mark 3: anyone with a different phone want to screw around with editing posts?]
Last edited by DMGnome on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Any edits you make before someone makes a post after yours are treated as if part of the original post.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Truncation of very long posts happened to me before on an android. Doesn't have anything to do with the code tag.
I think I encountered this in the PM-history. Not too much of a bother though.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

Mmm, that's the editing question answered. Unexpectedly forgiving, I guess.

As for the code thing, it's not a truncation of the entire post, just the bit in code tags. It appears to show a maximum of eight lines, and then cuts off the rest without giving a scroll-down bar. But as stated, that's an extremely minor issue.