Portuguese translation?

trhvmn

Portuguese translation?

Post by trhvmn »

So, one fine day, I was out checking the main site for some reason, when I happened to look at the bottom of the page, where the language options are. And much to my surprise, there was an option for portuguese in there. But I had never heard of a portuguese translation, so I thought "hm, maybe I should ask about this on the forum". And then some things happened and I sort of forgot about KS and this forum for a while. Whoops.

Anyway, here are the questions.

1. I looked around the forum, but couldn't find anything about a portuguese translation. So, is there one happening secretly in the darkness or something?
2. If not, then is one being planned?
3. If not, why the hell does the site have an option for portuguese?
4. This one is just because I'm curious. Brazilian or portuguese portuguese?

Yes, I think that's it.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Portuguese translation?

Post by Mirage_GSM »

There is apparently a portuguese translation in the works, but my portuguese isn't good enough to determine their progress.
The only member of the team who was recently active on the forums is Bruno, so you might try to PM him.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

Mirage_GSM wrote:There is apparently a portuguese translation in the works, but my portuguese isn't good enough to determine their progress.
The only member of the team who was recently active on the forums is Bruno, so you might try to PM him.
I was waiting to see if someone would add something, but since no one did... thanks. I'll try PMing him.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.
X_Bacon

Post by X_Bacon »

I was wondering about that myself. I'd be glad to help them, there aren't many Portuguese-translated VN's around, sadly.
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

Ah, ok. I just got an answer from him. Apparently his computer was stolen, and all progress on the translation was lost. And then things happened, and he never had the time to work on it again.
X_Bacon

Post by X_Bacon »

That's... quite a bummer, to say the least. Was he working alone on it?
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

He didn't say anything, but considering this topic by crud and this guy also being in the translator group, I'd assume not.
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

I'm a Brazilian Portuguese native speaker so if there is anyone trying to translate it I would be glad to join!
Nuno

Post by Nuno »

I would not mind having a go at it, I am a fairly good translator and a Portuguese nativespeaker. but thats the full extent of my expertize translating a game... which would be non-existent... so this is pretty much a question to the dev's and to anyone out there interested in translating this game to Portuguese, you guys still want to translate it?
X_Bacon

Post by X_Bacon »

Nuno wrote:I would not mind having a go at it, I am a fairly good translator and a Portuguese nativespeaker. but thats the full extent of my expertize translating a game... which would be non-existent... so this is pretty much a question to the dev's and to anyone out there interested in translating this game to Portuguese, you guys still want to translate it?
I do, but we're out of luck for the time being.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4718
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

X_Bacon wrote:
Nuno wrote:I would not mind having a go at it, I am a fairly good translator and a Portuguese nativespeaker. but thats the full extent of my expertize translating a game... which would be non-existent... so this is pretty much a question to the dev's and to anyone out there interested in translating this game to Portuguese, you guys still want to translate it?
I do, but we're out of luck for the time being.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4718
We can translate it in the same way that people translate Japanese VNs. non-official translation! :mrgreen:

But I have no experience in doing it either...
Nuno

Post by Nuno »

it is an option... even with 3 guys doing the translation it would take some time, but its a start. besides, after translating the 1st chapter we might even get some sort of official support (its a matter of bugging ppl) :D

ok... now if someone with know-how on how to do it could give us a hand it would be a starting point as to start organizing things and setting things to "paper" on what do each one does (and ppl stepping foward for each section, work, revision etc,etc).
Bighead

Post by Bighead »

Sou brasileiro, fluente em inglês e estou disposto a ajudar no que for pra puxar o projeto pra frente! :D

Contato: lipe2307@gmail.com
Sabi-dude

Post by Sabi-dude »

Hey! i already posted this in another thread but here's the short version:
I'm a native Portuguese speaker (from Portugal) and a profissional translator , meaning it's how i make a living, and i'd be very much interested in working on a Portuguese translation of KS.

My contact: Saix_Axel_@hotmail.com
ChocolateHisao

Post by ChocolateHisao »

Avisando que uma tradução está sendo feito, mas está bem no começo. Espere ela pronta para o final de 2013.

Hanako best route. Rin worst route. Deal with it.