Katawa Shoujo on Chrome OS?

techk8

Katawa Shoujo on Chrome OS?

Post by techk8 »

Wow, haven't been on this forum in a long time; I blame Super Meat Boy and Minecraft. Anywho, Google is awesome and they gave me a CR-48 to screw around with. I know it's mostly cloud computing, but it DOES have a 16 GB SSD. With such space open, I wonder, can Katawa Shoujo be ported to not just the CR-48, but Chrome OS in general?

Keep on truckin, devs.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Warwick

Re: Katawa Shoujo on Chrome OS?

Post by Warwick »

I think delta said that porting over KS in particular would be going against the license, but if you can port over the Ren-Py engine then it's fine.
静音是买外夫
delta
Feels Badman

Re: Katawa Shoujo on Chrome OS?

Post by delta »

Sure, it CAN but that doesn't mean it's going to happen, unless you pony up and make a fully featured webapp version of Ren'Py runtime (good luck with that).

Chrome OS is Linux underneath, so you might be able to get the Linux version working with enough hacking. But that's not really the point of Chrome OS.