Saves and Administrator User

CarpeGuitarrem

KS Saves?

Post by CarpeGuitarrem »

Hey all!

Well, I hunted around the forums, and the FAQ, and tried to find something on the website. I may have missed the answers somewhere, so feel free to point it out to me. Anyhow, I really liked this VN, demo though it was, and can't wait until the final release comes out. After installing it on my computer, can I simply move over the SAVE files from the RenPy folder in AppData, or do other shenanagins need to be performed to make it work?

Other question--is there any way to make the savegames go to a non-administrator user?

EDIT: *facepalm in dramatic style*

Don't ask me how, but I missed the "Support" forum. I'll be back. Answer to the first found, and I'll ask about the administrator save thing in Support. Sorry, folks.
CarpeGuitarrem

Saves and Administrator User

Post by CarpeGuitarrem »

So...

I install Katawa Shoujo (Windows 7), authenticating as the administrator user on my computer. I don't usually log into Administrator, and installing programs in this way usually seems to work. I may or may not actually be making a big boo-boo here. So, if I am, that'd be good to know in general.

Anyhow, I boot it up after having saved the game and ka-blam! all of my savegame data is...missing. I don't even have the option to Load Game. I decide to try logging in and playing as Administrator (the appropriate save file is in the Administrator account), and it works. So, I'm not really complaining here. But I'm wondering if there's something I could be doing so that it'll correctly save games to the proper user.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Saves and Administrator User

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Sounds to me like it IS saving the games to the proper user account. You played as Asministrator and that's where the save files are. (At least that's how I understand your post.)
If you just move the save files to the other account that should work as well as simply starting a new game and skipping the scenes you already know. Shouldn't take too long.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
CarpeGuitarrem

Re: Saves and Administrator User

Post by CarpeGuitarrem »

Sorta. I installed as Administrator, but from my normal account (which doesn't have Admin rights, security purposes). I played through the first day or so on the non-admin user, saved my progress, and then tried to load up the game again. I couldn't find the save files. Then I went to Administrator and was able to load it up from there.