How many Acts?

vaelant

How many Acts?

Post by vaelant »

I wasn't completely sure what board this would go in, but anyways.

This is a great game, not really a big fan of dating sims, but when something that has had this much effort put into it has to be good, with the added bonus of it being free.
So how many Acts will you guys plan to have in this? I'm hoping in the double digits personally. Keep up the good work ^^
Hanako > Shizune > Lily > Rin > Ami
Mirage_GSM

Re: How many Acts?

Post by Mirage_GSM »

There will be a total of four acts, including act 1.
Multiply by five for the number of routes, and you are in the double digits.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Wasn't it 5-6 per person?
Juno

Post by Juno »

Four acts per route including the shared Act 1.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Sounds pretty awesome to me ^^, should be interesting
ty
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The number of acts is not really indicative of much, but yeah there's 4 of them per playthrough for 16 in total. Act 1 is gigantic compared to any other singular act since it's shared across paths, but it's also less than a quarter of the whole thing.

Mystery solved.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Meriumus

Post by Meriumus »

And...what act is now being developed? just to know how far the work is done.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Differs for different characters, but it's also something that's guaged by writing, art, editing and direction entirely separately.

As per the blog, writing on Emi, Lilly and Hanako paths is done (ish... there's stuff going on that's only discussed internally as well). Art for all the paths is less easy to guage as art isn't made in a chronological manner, and sometimes new CGs and assets are proposed for earlier sections. Direction, which is probably the closest to a marker of game progress (since once a scene/act/path is directed, that part of the game is basically final), but we're not quite willing to give out how direction's going as it would be somewhat misleading (given that it's heavily dependent on both art and writing, which are very variable in their speeds of completion).

If this sounds confusing then, well, that's because it is. Sorry. We can't really give out any real kind of solid progress marker because it would at best be unreliable and at worst, misleading.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Suriko wrote:If this sounds confusing then, well, that's because it is. Sorry. We can't really give out any real kind of solid progress marker because it would at best be unreliable and at worst, misleading.
Well, you still promised me a release before that whole 2012 thing so that's a good enough gauge for me.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

neumanproductions wrote:
Suriko wrote:If this sounds confusing then, well, that's because it is. Sorry. We can't really give out any real kind of solid progress marker because it would at best be unreliable and at worst, misleading.
Well, you still promised me a release before that whole 2012 thing so that's a good enough gauge for me.
Looking on the positives there XD, tho i imagine art is a big thing, being created from 4chan i dont imagine all of you are experts at making scene pics
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

vaelant wrote:
neumanproductions wrote:
Looking on the positives there XD, tho i imagine art is a big thing, being created from 4chan i dont imagine all of you are experts at making scene pics
Correction: KS is, and never was, created by 4chan. The project may have been initiated on /a/ (or was it /jp/? Not sure right now) but many of the devs don't even actively visit 4chan. Also 4chan seems to have some sort of a hate for KS nowadays, but that's probably just haters hating.

Anyway, I've found the artists to be extremely good, and I'm expecting that they're going to keep quality on a similar level as Act 1. It'll surely take time, and would even if they were (are?) experts on creating scene art.

But that's just, like, my guess.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Correction: KS is, and never was, created by 4chan. The project may have been initiated on /a/ (or was it /jp/? Not sure right now) but many of the devs don't even actively visit 4chan. Also 4chan seems to have some sort of a hate for KS nowadays, but that's probably just haters hating.

Anyway, I've found the artists to be extremely good, and I'm expecting that they're going to keep quality on a similar level as Act 1. It'll surely take time, and would even if they were (are?) experts on creating scene art.ote

But that's just, like, my guess.
I mean't the original idea came from what his names post on 4chan, and the group formed from there on. But the chances are that most of these 4chan haters are probably /b/, me myself being an active /b/, take great joy from ruining peoples idea's.
And yes, art always takes time, as even tho someone else would think it looks great, the actual artist always thinks it could be better. Well done either way tho ^^
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I, one of innocent /c/ people, deem KS nice material. We sometimes enjoy KS threads without any hate at all.

Close the thread, the question was answered D:

Post by Guest »

... 4 per playthrough?

buts there 5 routes.. right?
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Guest wrote:... 4 per playthrough?

buts there 5 routes.. right?
There are four acts, with the first one being shared, i think the "per playthrough" bit just seems weird to some people.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.