Question About Save Data

digiboy0001

Question About Save Data

Post by digiboy0001 »

Sorry, bit of a computer noob here. How can I erase my save data without affecting the way the game runs? I think I may have found the file that represents saves, but I don't want to risk deleting something potentially important to the game's running.

Thanks in advance.
"A lot of people don't seem to know what they're talking about. That sucks." - VegettoEX
Endeavoring to beat every game I own in chronological order. Current game: Digimon World 2 (7/27/2000, PlayStation)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Question About Save Data

Post by Silentcook »

You can erase your save data through the game interface by clicking on LOAD > the small black [X] at the top right of the save itself.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

digiboy0001

Post by digiboy0001 »

Ah, alright then. Guess I must have missed that one.

My next real question is this, though: if I do that, will the game still have a record of which paths I have and haven't seen? Because the whole point of me doing this is because I want the game to erase all knowledge of what I've done (i.e I only want certain scenes skip-able at the moment. Don't ask why. Complicated story). If not, is there a way to make the game completely erase all memory?

Thanks again.
"A lot of people don't seem to know what they're talking about. That sucks." - VegettoEX
Endeavoring to beat every game I own in chronological order. Current game: Digimon World 2 (7/27/2000, PlayStation)
Anon

Post by Anon »

I'm almost positive that, once you unlock a scene or gain a percentage of progress, it is 'known' permanently, unless you reinstall Katawa Shoujo. So, you could get 100% completion, then delete all of your saves, and you'd still be able to skip everything.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Iirc you can get rid of progress data by deleting the KS persistent data file. On windows Vista it's located in /User/AppData/Roaming/Renpy/Katawashoujo_act1
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
digiboy0001

Post by digiboy0001 »

How would I do that on Windows XP?
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

digiboy0001 wrote:How would I do that on Windows XP?
On my XP system, it was here:

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\RenPy\katawashoujo_a1_v2

Both my saves and a file simply called 'persistent' were in there. Clearing them out seemed to reset all of the game's saved data.
digiboy0001

Post by digiboy0001 »

Awesome. ^_^ Thanks a lot, everyone.