Lily's route = Hanako's route?

Bang Shishigami

Lily's route = Hanako's route?

Post by Bang Shishigami »

So as a lot of people know, when you complete Hanako's route in KS you automatically complete Lily's as well. Does this mean that the routes are the same, or does Lily's route actually branch off from Hanako's?

I noticed that the last option for Lily's route is to go into town, where as to do Hanako's you go to the library. Those would be different scenes, right?

If anyone could shine a little light on this, that person would make me a happy panda. I don't feel like playing the whole game again to have my heart crushed because I didn't get anything new.

Thanks in advance.
Caesius

Re: Lily's route = Hanako's route?

Post by Caesius »

It's a bug.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Well, they are mostly the same route (in the demo, at least), even if the ending thing is a bug.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

They branch off after Act 1 and are entirely separate routes.

The situation whereby after completing Hanako's Act 1 ending, Lilly's is completed is a bug. Going into town gives an entirely different scene to going to the library, and the festival will also change if you do.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Suriko wrote:Going into town gives an entirely different scene to going to the library, and the festival will also change if you do.
Though Hanako still manages to worm her nosy way into Lilly's ending <_<

As far as I'm aware, the only link between the routes via this bug is that when you access Hanako's last two unique scenes (library and festival) Lilly's last two (town and festival) will show up in the Scene Library (accessible from the menu) as well. So if you're that worried about the time you'd spend replaying the game to get Lilly's, then don't; just check the Library and read what you missed there.

Bleh @ "library (school)" and "Library (menu)"; I had a hell of a time explaining this to someone else who asked about it earlier, until I realized ten minutes in that he was missing the capitalization difference.
Nobody Important

Post by Nobody Important »

EternalLurker wrote:
Suriko wrote:Going into town gives an entirely different scene to going to the library, and the festival will also change if you do.
Though Hanako still manages to worm her nosy way into Lilly's ending <_<
You'd really rather just abandon the poor little thing?

Personally, I kind of liked having Hanako around for Lilly's ending. Lilly doesn't have to worry about where she was, and it was nice that Hanako got to enjoy the fireworks.

If you don't like having her there, ignore her. It's not like she butts in or anything.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Necrowat? Ain't even vaguely related to the original topic. o_O

She wouldn't be "abandoned" anyway; she's reading when they find her, and reading isn't a three-person job. But yeah, I have no sympathy for Hanako's ridiculous degree of paranoia in a school full of people who are genuinely disabled. Unless it's developed solely due to Shizune and Misha being stupid bitches, in which case I can understand her reaction to overt antagonism, but otherwise there are certainly enough friendly people at Yamaku for her to have an excuse for her irrational fears.

Post by Guest »

But what IS Hanako route? i have been trying to get her ending and ive only got rin and her friend :cry: