Netbook

Lunchbox

Netbook

Post by Lunchbox »

I'm thinking of getting a netbook to supplement my desktop. I don't do much gaming, but it'd be nice to have the girls travel with me. Can KS and other Ren'Py VN's run on a standard 1024x600 netbook? Has anyone here tried?

Thanks.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Netbook

Post by Silentcook »

Let me direct you to this.
I'm most definitely not very skilled with computers, but I think the info in that thread will be helpful to you.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Vertical

Post by Vertical »

The next wave of netbooks being released in the next 6 months will have micro-media accelerators for 1080p playback, but because the most process intensive moment in the demo so far is the fireworks it's going to hit the atom processor like a pimp on his starved crack whore that isn't turning profit with her moves on holiday weekend.

Here's a link to give your some idea of what to look for: http://www.netbookchoice.com/2009/06/06 ... -pictures/
Imagine me and you...
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

^^Um, actually it won't. That's hardware acceleration you're referring to, and not even the right kind (h.264 video codec ONLY). What we'd need is GPU support, but Ren'Py currently isn't HW accelerated at all. Supposedly though Ren'Py version 7 will add OpenGL support, which should allow GPUs to tear through effects and things nicely.
Katawa Shoujo's resident straight male kuutsundere.
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)