Act 1 save used in Full release

krabbymcnabby

Act 1 save used in Full release

Post by krabbymcnabby »

~
Last edited by krabbymcnabby on Fri May 15, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Act 1 save used in Full release

Post by Aura »

We don't know, very very probably not.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
carbonartistmonked

Post by carbonartistmonked »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:We don't know, very very probably not.
would be good if you guys could work on it
saves time

but i think it shouldn't be done
maybe the devs got some updates
and cleaning up to do on act 1 :o
a member of carbon artist associates and P.R.O.J.E.C.T.

Pure.Rubbish.Old.Junk.Enters.Comic.Theories

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

When I was speeding through Act 1 for fault checking it took 7-10 minutes per run to unlock everything, and that was startign from teh beginning each time.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Aside from that the fact that speed running is easy with the myriad of strategy guides here, shouldn't you be refreshing your memory about what's happened so far anyway?
Bara

Post by Bara »

SirMax wrote:Aside from that the fact that speed running is easy with the myriad of strategy guides here, shouldn't you be refreshing your memory about what's happened so far anyway?
Yes, I agree. It's been over a month since I fired up KS and that was to listen to the BG music not even to review the VN.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Act 1 does save which endings you got in a Ren'Py public persistence file (which means other games, like the full one, can easily know this). What will be done with this data depends on how the full game actually turns out. Not promising anything.
Akira

Post by Akira »

Will Act 1 in the full version be exactly the same as in the demo though?
Wondering if any subtle alterations will be made to fit better with the full version. :wink:
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

If by "subtle alterations" you mean "bug, flow and language fixes", then yes, you can count on those being present. :?
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Akira

Post by Akira »

Silentcook wrote:If by "subtle alterations" you mean "bug, flow and language fixes", then yes, you can count on those being present. :?
Well was wondering more about whether or not any little changes would be made to the Act 1 storyline.
Guessing not :)
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Akira wrote:
Silentcook wrote:If by "subtle alterations" you mean "bug, flow and language fixes", then yes, you can count on those being present. :?
Well was wondering more about whether or not any little changes would be made to the Act 1 storyline.
Guessing not :)
If one of us were to get really bored and a deathwish simultaneously, then maybe.
TipsyRooster

Post by TipsyRooster »

Aura wrote:We don't know, very very probably not.
so all that reading was pointless
*puppy dog face* 8[
Cockadoodle...hic!
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I would have suggested it was for your entertainment and enjoyment rather than to save you time later.

Also quit necroing.
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

While the thread's revived (and good grief what a necropost, TipsyRooster) - there's an easy workaround if you don't want to spend time on Act One when the full release comes about. There is the ability to "Skip Unread Text" in the Options screen; simply check that, and you can breeze through.

That said, I'll be replaying Act One in full when the opportunity arises - as the developers said above, there are still going to be a host of small edits even if the storyline is set, and I don't want to miss any added nuance or subtlety.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Furthermore, I don't know the Windows shortcut, but on a Mac holding Ctrl should skip unread text IIRC. Works for Onscripter VNs and I think default Ren'py controls are the same. It's probably Ctrl on Windows too.