Question about save files

2-D

Question about save files

Post by 2-D »

Will I be able to use my save files from the demo in the full version so that I don't have to start over again?
NichtDu

Re: Question about save files

Post by NichtDu »

2-D wrote:Will I be able to use my save files from the demo in the full version so that I don't have to start over again?
Thats a good question :P
Would suck if they weren't compatible :(
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Probably they won't be compatible. We're going to tweak Act 1 a bit and do more changes from now to the full release. You'll only know for sure when it'll be done, but prepare for suckage just in case.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

NichtDu

Post by NichtDu »

Silentcook wrote:Probably they won't be compatible. We're going to tweak Act 1 a bit and do more changes from now to the full release. You'll only know for sure when it'll be done, but prepare for suckage just in case.
Well, then we still have the skip function :P
mwalimu

Post by mwalimu »

NichtDu wrote:
Silentcook wrote:Probably they won't be compatible. We're going to tweak Act 1 a bit and do more changes from now to the full release. You'll only know for sure when it'll be done, but prepare for suckage just in case.
Well, then we still have the skip function :P
True, though I'm not sure how much of even that I would use. Although the developers aren't committing to a release date they've hinted quite strongly that it's likely to be months and quite possibly over a year. I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, that's long enough that I'll probably need to run through Act 1 again anyhow to refresh my memory. I'm also going to assume that some of the tweaks might include additional details that weren't important for Act 1 but are needed as setup for later events. Finally, I hope none of the tweaks are retcons.

mwalimu
Guest28

Post by Guest28 »

Yes, that's the problem of releasing things in stages tho... retcons are bound to happen

but if they're necessary, I'll probably support them :D it beats having no demo anyway 8)

unless they're really stupid like emi actually having one leg or something :lol: