Credits Glitch

Multiball

Credits Glitch

Post by Multiball »

Whenever I manage to get to the end credits and they are scrolling, a few seconds in (around when Hanako's picture is displayed) the program eats itself and spits this error message out:
traceback.txt wrote:I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

error: Event queue full

While running game code:
- script call at line 1030 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/ui_labels.rpy
- script at line 924 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/ui_labels.rpy
- python at line 924 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/ui_labels.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "D:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 255, in bootstrap
File "D:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\main.py", line 308, in main
File "D:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\main.py", line 92, in run
File "D:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\execution.py", line 230, in run
File "D:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "D:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\python.py", line 912, in py_exec_bytecode
File "/Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/ui_labels.rpy", line 924, in <module>
File "D:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\exports.py", line 592, in pause
File "D:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\ui.py", line 69, in interact
File "D:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\core.py", line 1356, in interact
File "D:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\core.py", line 1868, in interact_core
error: Event queue full

While running game code:
- script call at line 1030 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/ui_labels.rpy
- script at line 924 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/ui_labels.rpy
- python at line 924 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/ui_labels.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.9.1h
Is there anything I can do to prevent this and get to the end of the credits?
"The universe did not invent Justice. Man did.
Man, unfortunately, must reside in the universe."
-Charles Render
Yiu

Re: Credits Glitch

Post by Yiu »

Sorry if I offend, but have you re-installed?

I had to install 3 times to get it to work because durring install I had like 20 things running.
XD Love this game~
Multiball

Post by Multiball »

I've installed it only once, at everything else seems to be fine.
If I re-install, will I lose all my save data? I have 98% and have gotten all the endings, so I don't want my hard work to go to waste. Is there any way I could transfer the data over to a new installation?
-Charles Render
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

I have no idea what causes this (it's an engine problem in any case). Reinstalling does nothing to your savegames, but I'm not sure if it can fix this.
Multiball

Post by Multiball »

Confirmed: re-installing does nothing (I've tried a few times).
Is there anything I can do?
-Charles Render
SatansBestBuddy

Post by SatansBestBuddy »

The next step from reinstalling would be redownloading.

Would be wise to use a different client if the first one didn't download the file properly.
Rule #1 of the Internet: It does not matter what you like, your reasons for liking it, and how much you like it, somebody out there hates you for liking it.
Akira

Post by Akira »

I get that "event queue full" message on the credits too.
Although oddly I've never seen it happen when the credits play after Kenji's ending. And very occasionally it doesn't happen after one of the other endings. Might go through them all a few times to check if it's one in particular when I have more time.

I notice it still saves your percentage ok though, so I find it more of a minor annoyance than an actual problem. I thought it was just 'cos I'm running it on a crappy PC too.
Multiball

Post by Multiball »

I think I still can't get the last CG unless I get to the end of the credits. That, I suppose, is my main concern.
Here's something to perpend:
The box I'm using right now has two hard drives, one that runs Windows and another that runs Linux (Ubuntu). Is there any way I might be able to migrate my save data across hard drives? I've been running Katawa Shoujo on Windows and I have yet to install it for Linux.
-Charles Render
Jaen

Post by Jaen »

Although oddly I've never seen it happen when the credits play after Kenji's ending.
Isn't that then fault of the sprite display routine (or something it calls)? Since AFAIR Kenji route has no image showing during the credits, and other routes do.
Akira

Post by Akira »

Multiball wrote:I think I still can't get the last CG unless I get to the end of the credits. That, I suppose, is my main concern.
I've noticed that sometimes if you hold down the left mouse button as the credits start to scroll up, so it "fast-forwards" through them, you can sometimes get back to the title screen without it crashing.

About the idea of the sprites on the end credit screen being a possible cause, that might be it, 'cos speeding through the credits like that stops them appearing.