Transferring save data to other computers

linger

Transferring save data to other computers

Post by linger »

Which files should I move to transfer save data? (In the case that I'm visiting my family's house for the weekend, left Flash Drive there last time, so can only transmit small files via email instead of the entire game folder)
yoru

Re: Transferring save data to other computers

Post by yoru »

For Windows:
Somewhere in the AppData Folder is the Renpy folder.
In there is the Katawa Shoujo Folder.
Copy that.

The Location of the AppData Folder and the Renpy Folder inside that is different in every Windows Version.
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

for me, it was in

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data (which is hidden)\RenPy\katawashoujo_act1

C&P everything in there to your flashdrive, and then to the same place on the target.
GG Crono

How do I back up save files?

Post by GG Crono »

I haven't gotten every ending in the game yet, but I figured I may as well try and see the rest of them with the new sprites and such. And while they said that old save files might not work with v3, I figure I may as well try. Trouble is, looking in my KS folder, I was expecting to see files name "kssav01" or something like that. Such was not so.

So if I want to take a stab at retaining saves, which files should I copy?
DovK

Post by DovK »

yoru wrote:The Location of the AppData Folder and the Renpy Folder inside that is different in every Windows Version.
%appdata% in the Run dialog is your friend.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

DovK wrote:
yoru wrote:The Location of the AppData Folder and the Renpy Folder inside that is different in every Windows Version.
%appdata% in the Run dialog is your friend.

Then the folder is always %APPDATA%\RenPy\katawashoujo_act1 or something like that? (%APPDATA%\RenPy\katawashoujo_act1_v3?)