Known technical issues & workarounds

delta
Feels Badman

Re: Known technical issues & workarounds

Post by delta »

6.10 has no OpenGL anyway. If anything, disabling it on 6.12 games will lead to fullscreen NOT working there either. But yeah, don't expect KS to support fullscreen under Lion when it comes out.
DarkMeph

Post by DarkMeph »

I assume you cannot alter the window size? I do not mean make it full screen size but make the actual window bigger?
NobodInParticular

Post by NobodInParticular »

Yeah so.

While playing version 5, I get to around where Hisao has his heart attack(I.E., not very far) and then it gives me this:

"I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

AttributeError: 'pygame.Surface' object has no attribute 'surface'"

And there was much raging.

Full message, if it helps:

While running game code:
- script call at line 19 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/imachine.rpy
- script call at line 134 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/_ui_early.rpy
- script at line 251 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/script-a1-monday.rpy
- python at line 199 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/common/00nvl_mode.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\execution.py", line 234, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\ast.py", line 341, in execute
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\exports.py", line 539, in say
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\character.py", line 565, in __call__
File "/Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/common/00nvl_mode.rpy", line 199, in do_display
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\character.py", line 338, in display_say
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\ui.py", line 70, in interact
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\core.py", line 1578, in interact
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\core.py", line 1726, in interact_core
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\core.py", line 254, in predict
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\core.py", line 228, in visit_all
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\core.py", line 254, in <lambda>
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\im.py", line 501, in predict_one
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\im.py", line 195, in get
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\im.py", line 973, in load
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\scale.py", line 536, in rotozoom
File "C:\Program Files\Katawa Shoujo Act 1\renpy\display\scale.py", line 536, in rotozoom
AttributeError: 'pygame.Surface' object has no attribute 'surface'

While running game code:
- script call at line 19 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/imachine.rpy
- script call at line 134 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/_ui_early.rpy
- script at line 251 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/Katawa Shoujo Act 1/game/script-a1-monday.rpy
- python at line 199 of /Users/delta/Documents/ks svn/common/00nvl_mode.rpy.
NobodInParticular

Oh, also, if it means anything: My OS is XP.
DarkMeph

Post by DarkMeph »

I've updated my mac to 10.7.2 and sometimes when I launch KS it just hangs up. I get the message that are relating to when I try and go full screen. I am just wondering if anyone else has this issue with 10.7.2 I do not mean the full screen window issue as I do know about that.

On the full screen issue when KS work and I try instead of hanging on a black screen my desktop just appears straight away.

DarkMeph
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

NobodInParticular wrote:Yeah so.

While playing version 5, I get to around where Hisao has his heart attack(I.E., not very far) and then it gives me this:

"I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

AttributeError: 'pygame.Surface' object has no attribute 'surface'"
OK, I'm guessing KS is crashing when it tries to go from the heart attack animation to the opening credits, which I think is handled more like playing a movie.

From just googling for that error, one person back at the end of 2008 reported that they got this bug only with on-board Intel video adapters; can you try it on a different video device? It also seemed to be related to what resolution the screen was set at, so maybe try different screen resolutions.

DarkMeph wrote:I've updated my mac to 10.7.2 and sometimes when I launch KS it just hangs up. I get the message that are relating to when I try and go full screen. I am just wondering if anyone else has this issue with 10.7.2 I do not mean the full screen window issue as I do know about that.

On the full screen issue when KS work and I try instead of hanging on a black screen my desktop just appears straight away.

DarkMeph
Is it possible that KS is trying to start up in fullscreen mode, which would make it hang right away?
NobodInParticular

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote: From just googling for that error, one person back at the end of 2008 reported that they got this bug only with on-board Intel video adapters;
Yeah, I saw that too, all he got was "I'm sure it will be fixed in the next ren'py".

I've tried it with different screen resolution(my crappy old monitor only goes to 1024x768, but you guys said it needs only that much) but none work.

I do not think I can try it with another video device. All I have is what came with the computer, I don't even know if I use a video adapter(I assume I DO).

Can you think of anything else? I can't. ._.
DarkMeph

Post by DarkMeph »

@Merlyn LeRoy the default option is windowed mode. I restarted it almost straight away and it worked. I tried later and it would not start up properly. I will do verify permissions on my internal hard disk. To be honest I much preferred snow leopard than lion.

@nobodinparticular. Go to start run and type is dxdiag and select video and get that to do some test on your video card. It might tell you if some files are missing. Another thing you can try is right click on your desktop, select properties, select settings tab and click on your adapter it will list properties of your video card. You might be able to find some updated drivers for it that might cure the problem.

The only other thought I had would be a codec problem. I have experienced that before on other games.

DarkMeph
NobodyInParticular

Post by NobodyInParticular »

'Kay, so, I don't have the problem anymore.

I don't know why, but I DID update Direct X recently in order to play some other games, so maybe that did... something.

I DUNNO!
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

NobodyInParticular wrote:'Kay, so, I don't have the problem anymore.

I don't know why, but I DID update Direct X recently in order to play some other games, so maybe that did... something.

I DUNNO!
That would make sense, since your computer was bombing out right when the opening credit video would start.
amends

Post by amends »

I'm having an issue where fullscreen mode is disabled under all resolutions running an intel graphics processor.