Questions

The Chemist

Questions

Post by The Chemist »

Hey, I wanted to say good job on this; excited for full release!

Question: Did anyone else have problems (game freezing) during Hanako's or Shizune's paths?

Hanako's froze after helping Kenji with the sign ("The nightime lighting...")

Shizune's froze after the take-out scene

Or does my computer suck? Like, I got all the other paths no problem, except these 2.
ZystraL wrote:It was an awesome scenario. Sitting on green grass staring at the clouds...with a laptop slowly burning your junk and giving you testicular cancer.
ChaosEngine

Re: Questions

Post by ChaosEngine »

What're your computer's specs? VNs tend to take up very little system resources, but a few scenes here and there might cause hiccups. I haven't had any issues with framerate or hangups, but I've got quite a bit of memory.
GVman

Post by GVman »

I myself have had major issues with the fireworks, if you could help with that.
BcDed

Post by BcDed »

See the thing about troubleshooting problems is it's impossible to do without symptoms. I'm having problems isn't descriptive enough for me to help and I don't know that anyone else could either. Describe what happens, does it just slow down but otherwise works, does it slow down your entire computer, does it crash the game, does it crash the system, do demons jump out of your screen and try to take your soul, what exactly is the problem.

Sorry if I sound anal(no need for a joke from anyone about that though it may be inevitable) but I can't help without more details.
Is it really just a game, or is it a religious experience.
Jake Fuyou

Post by Jake Fuyou »

GVman wrote:I myself have had major issues with the fireworks, if you could help with that.
Hmmm, my computer slowed down a little bit too. Also I think I had the SFX up a bit too high, it was supposed to be a touching moment yet all I could think was that it sounded like a war was going on in the background.
BcDed

Post by BcDed »

I think it was supposed to have contradictory elements to create a unique ending, or at least that's how I interpreted it.

As for speed the only suggestion I can think of is making sure you don't have any unnecessary programs or processes running. If that doesn't work you could get more ram or a better computer but those aren't things I would get just to fully enjoy one scene in Katawa.
Is it really just a game, or is it a religious experience.
ChaosEngine

Post by ChaosEngine »

For future reference, the firework scene may be able to be worked-around if instead of using the animated sprites, there could perhaps be a "lower effects" option that replaces that scene, and presumably other animated scenes, with static images.

Just a thought.

(Though, this might be available in the Act I demo... I didn't tweak my SFX settings from default. I apologize for my potential ignorance.)
The Chemist

Post by The Chemist »

OK, I have an Acer Aspire 3280 Laptop

2.4gHz Processor
1.5gB Ram
Builtin Video / Audio
Vista Basic

But, I can run other VNs just fine...
ZystraL wrote:It was an awesome scenario. Sitting on green grass staring at the clouds...with a laptop slowly burning your junk and giving you testicular cancer.