Act1 Walkthrough, 100% & Individual paths, Flowchart

Warwick

Re: Act1 Walkthrough, 100% & Individual paths, Flowchart

Post by Warwick »

Sleet wrote:Hrm. I'm also having trouble unlocking Slow Recovery.

I followed the Shizune path as listed on the first page, but I don't get the option whilst running with Emi. Can anyone tell me which choices I'm messing up on to miss that one?
You need to tell Nurse that you'll exercise regularly when the nurse confronts you. That'll get you running the next morning and you can choose to race Emi or not.
Mikage-sama wrote:I like the walkthrough ^^ thanks Warwick
Thank vermithrx, he was the one who collected all the data. I just made it look pretty.
静音是买外夫
Sleet

Post by Sleet »

Warwick wrote:

I followed the Shizune path as listed on the first page, but I don't get the option whilst running with Emi. Can anyone tell me which choices I'm messing up on to miss that one?
You need to tell Nurse that you'll exercise regularly when the nurse confronts you. That'll get you running the next morning and you can choose to race Emi or not.
The thing is, I'm getting there just fine, but the race option just won't come up again, Hisao just gets tired and leaves. It's two Shizune choices, yes to the nurse, and the rest neutral, right? I've done that many times, using two different Shizune options, I've tried using all of them, I tried none of them, but to no avail.

The basic path I've been taking and altering is:
1: Yeah, of course.
2: I think I got it.
3: Defensively.
4: TALKING LOUD AT HANAKO.
5: Lie to Kenji about the cuteness factor.
6: Read.
7: Yes.

I'm just surprised at how many combinations there could possibly be, that I haven't stumbled upon it yet.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

I just came into this discussion, but you're talking about the scene where you get to tell off Shizune and Misha, right? Dude, just follow the Kenji path described in the first post.
Sleet

Post by Sleet »

Oh no, I got that fine. It's that dang Slow Recovery that I'm not hitting.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

...I know. That is Slow Recovery, like I said. Follow the Kenji path described in the first post, like I said: "Yeah, of course." -> "Ask about Shizune's deafness." -> "She has a point. Attack aggressively!" -> "I'm sorry; I didn't mean to startle you." -> "She wasn't cute." -> "Wait for Shizune and Misha to come to a decision." -> "Yes." -> "Don't drag me into this! I've done my part." -> "Go for it." Then you'll be there. That scene in the classroom is Slow Recovery, an alternate version of No Recovery that you get only if you both selected Go For It and were on the Shizune path.
Sleet

Post by Sleet »

Ahh, I did find it odd that you'd have thought I was looking for the Kenji path when it said in the quote I was looking for Slow Recovery.

Thanks.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Sleet wrote:Ahh, I did find it odd that you'd have thought I was looking for the Kenji path when it said in the quote I was looking for Slow Recovery.

Thanks.
If you had followed the Kenji path in the OP, you would've got Slow Recovery, too.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

EternalLurker wrote:Dude, just follow the Kenji path described in the first post.
EternalLurker wrote:Follow the Kenji path described in the first post
Esa94 wrote:If you had followed the Kenji path in the OP, you would've got Slow Recovery, too.
Sleet

Post by Sleet »

I get it; I'm a dolt. Point taken. I got it just fine, and you have my thanks.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

No, you're fine. I was "..."ing at Esa94 for believing he was saying something new. >_> He misunderstood your post, is all. Anyway, I'll disappear and stop making this on-topic-yet-not-really.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Sleet wrote:
Warwick wrote:

The thing is, I'm getting there just fine, but the race option just won't come up again, Hisao just gets tired and leaves. It's two Shizune choices, yes to the nurse, and the rest neutral, right? I've done that many times, using two different Shizune options, I've tried using all of them, I tried none of them, but to no avail.

The basic path I've been taking and altering is:
1: Yeah, of course.
2: I think I got it.
3: Defensively.
4: TALKING LOUD AT HANAKO.
5: Lie to Kenji about the cuteness factor.
6: Read.
7: Yes.

I'm just surprised at how many combinations there could possibly be, that I haven't stumbled upon it yet.
Hmm... if this combination of choices isn't getting slow recovery, then there might be a screw-up somewhere in the flowchart. vermithrx was thorough, but he's only human, and we didn't decompile the game to see what the "flags" were (yes, I know, the devs said they don't use a flag system, but it's a convenient term).
静音是买外夫
Tilus

Post by Tilus »

There is indeed a screwup in the flowchart (though it'd probably be really easy to miss).

To get to Slow Recovery, you have to come into Exercise (and say "Go For It") through Event Horizon.

To get to Event Horizon, you have to select "Wait for Misha and Shizune" at Lunch Evolution Theory, and select "I've Done My Part" at Cold War.

Anything else, and you'll end up at Foot and Mouth instead.
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

@Sleet, the choice you were missing was at Lunch Evolution Theory (#6 on the path you followed). You needed to choose "Wait for Shizune and Misha" there instead of "Read." You also needed to choose "I've done my part" at Cold War.

Remember, the flowchart states that the first five choices don't count for anything once you get to Lunch Evolution Theory, so where it later says "If Shizune Choices = 2" it really means "If Shizune Choices after Bizarre and Surreal (a.k.a. choice #5) = 2". It seems you started your count too early.
Tilus wrote:To get to Slow Recovery, you have to come into Exercise (and say "Go For It") through Event Horizon.

To get to Event Horizon, you have to select "Wait for Misha and Shizune" at Lunch Evolution Theory, and select "I've Done My Part" at Cold War.

Anything else, and you'll end up at Foot and Mouth instead.
You are correct, Tilus. This is why the flowchart states "If Shizune Choices = 2" (the two choices you pointed out in particular) next to both of those branches, specifically:
1. The line between Proof of Competency and Event Horizon
2. The line between the "Go for it!" choice and Slow Recovery

This is not stated between Event Horizon and Exercise because it would be redundant. Event Horizon always leads to Exercise "If Emi Choices = 1" (a.k.a. you chose "Yes" at Waylay) and you cannot get to Event Horizon unless "Shizune Choices = 2" because there is only one way to get to that scene (from Proof of Competency).

Working backwards throught the flowchart tells you precisely what choices are required, so there is no screwup (unless you don't read the teal blurb at Lunch Evolution Theory, in which case you're failing to follow directions). The proper paths and choices are even color coded (Thanks Warwick!), so I could just say choose all the blue and pink options you come across and you can't miss it. As a matter of fact, I will.

To get to Slow Recovery, choose at least two of the three Blue (Shizune) choices before the scene titled "Bizarre and Surreal" and all the Blue (Shizune) and Pink (Emi) choices you come across thereafter.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

vermithrx wrote:@Sleet, the choice you were missing was at Lunch Evolution Theory (#6 on the path you followed). You needed to choose "Wait for Shizune and Misha" there instead of "Read." You also needed to choose "I've done my part" at Cold War.

Remember, the flowchart states that the first five choices don't count for anything once you get to Lunch Evolution Theory, so where it later says "If Shizune Choices = 2" it really means "If Shizune Choices after Bizarre and Surreal (a.k.a. choice #5) = 2". It seems you started your count too early.
Ahaha, I should've paid more attention. Otherwise I probably would've caught that.

vermithrx wrote:Working backwards throught the flowchart tells you precisely what choices are required, so there is no screwup (unless you don't read the teal blurb at Lunch Evolution Theory, in which case you're failing to follow directions). The proper paths and choices are even color coded (Thanks Warwick!), so I could just say choose all the blue and pink options you come across and you can't miss it. As a matter of fact, I will.
Yep, there's a reason why all the choices before Lunch Evolution Theory are only half shaded. It's (hopefully) to denote that they're not exactly "true" route choices.
静音是买外夫
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Hello, KS Forums.

Two Saturdays ago, I downloaded this game and decided to check it out. I've been hooked on it ever since I downloaded it, even though it sort of warranted some strange faces just telling people about the game alone.

After enjoying all of the paths this game has to offer (including Kenji's bad end), I decided to compile my own flowchart for the game. Unfortunately, it wasn't until after I finished it that I found out that there were already flowcharts available for the game, so I guess I was about almost a year late into being of any help.

I gotta admit, it did take me a while to find out how to get to Slow Recovery. That very scene was the reason why I wanted to compile a personal flowchart for it, just to figure out what manages to unlock that specific scene (for the sake of 100% completion). My flowchart is a bit messy, though, but I'll be glad to post it anyways if people still want it.
-.- .- - .- .-- .- ... .... --- ..- .--- ---