Act1 Walkthrough, 100% & Individual paths, Flowchart

Magil

Re: Act1 Walkthrought, 100% & Individual paths, Flowchart

Post by Magil »

Warwick wrote:Done. Hope this is well and good. Will notify Moonwolf, as well.

KS_Flowchart.png
I actually found a problem here. I took every single Lily/Hanako point, as well as every single Emi point, up to "Support," expecting to go to "Sip (Part 2)," but got "An Aesthetics" instead.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

If you choose Go For It, it's a one-way street to Emi's route and overrides whatever other path you may go on. Perhaps I need to write a note there. It's a minor thing, though, and shouldn't matter too much.
静音是买外夫
Magil

Post by Magil »

Warwick wrote:If you choose Go For It, it's a one-way street to Emi's route and overrides whatever other path you may go on. Perhaps I need to write a note there. It's a minor thing, though, and shouldn't matter too much.
Wait, even if you're on the Shizune path and get the "Slow Recovery" scene? If so, what's the purpose of the Shizune point that can only possibly be gotten by choosing "Go For It?" If that's the case, shouldn't there be an arrow for Emi point >=2 pointing to Support/An Aesthetic from Shanghaied?

In any case, if that choice does override any other path, I think a note would be helpful.

Edit: It seems you can still get the Shizune end at least, even after taking the "Go For It" option (so long as you go to lunch with Student Council over Emi). It only seems to override the Hanako/Lily path as is, so perhaps for the final Hanako/Lily point branch from "Support" you should simply add "and Emi Points < 2."
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Good point, my first play-through was Shizune even though I went for it. Perhaps I'll add a note, but it's fairly trivial to figure out.
静音是买外夫
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

I got 100% easily, don't understand why you guys are struggling so much haha... It's very straightforward.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
etienne2000

Post by etienne2000 »

hi, I have a problem to finish the game 100%.

is the "Slow recovery" that I fail to do, I have scrupulously followed the plan that I found on the forum but after 4 hours of testing I still wonder if this is possible. if so tell me how?
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

etienne2000 wrote:hi, I have a problem to finish the game 100%.

is the "Slow recovery" that I fail to do, I have scrupulously followed the plan that I found on the forum but after 4 hours of testing I still wonder if this is possible. if so tell me how?
From looking at the flowchart, you need to complete enough mini-choices to have lunch with Shizune, promise the nurse to stay in shape, side with Shizune during her argument with Lilly, and then go for it when you're running with Emi. Misha should question you about why you were absent during the day, and that's the next pair of choices.
静音是买外夫

Post by Guest »

In the scene "Mind Your Step," the option 'I'm fine' will be forced if 'Kick them out' was previously chosen, 'Sorry' should be a Hanako/Lilly choice, and
"Support" → "Sip (part 2)" should be "If Hanako/Lilly choices = 3." This will also fix the problem of Emi's "priority."
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Guest wrote:In the scene "Mind Your Step," the option 'I'm fine' will be forced if 'Kick them out' was previously chosen, 'Sorry' should be a Hanako/Lilly choice, and
"Support" → "Sip (part 2)" should be "If Hanako/Lilly choices = 3." This will also fix the problem of Emi's "priority."
That sounds like a fairly elegant fix. I'll pm vermithrx just in case to test (I haven't re-installed KS since I upgraded to Windows 7). Do you want credit? I've been adding the names of whoever's been contributing to corrections to the flowchart.
静音是买外夫
scopedknife

Post by scopedknife »

I'm currently on 98%, and am missing the chapter on the library list between "Home Field Advantage" and "No Recovery".
Which scene is this, and how do I get to it?
Thanks,
S_K
"Do something you can't, just because you can." - In other words, troll life.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

scopedknife wrote:I'm currently on 98%, and am missing the chapter on the library list between "Home Field Advantage" and "No Recovery".
Thanks,
S_K
Unless i'm mistaken, that is the infamous and elusive "Slow Recovery" scene!

I think you have to have answered all of the previous questions in a Shizune direction and then run too fast on the track with Emi. I'm not sure about that, however.

Luckily for you, you've left the best scene in the game until last. You'll see why when you get to it. If you make the right choice, that is.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
scopedknife

Post by scopedknife »

Quidoo wrote:
scopedknife wrote:I'm currently on 98%, and am missing the chapter on the library list between "Home Field Advantage" and "No Recovery".
Thanks,
S_K
Unless i'm mistaken, that is the infamous and elusive "Slow Recovery" scene!

I think you have to have answered all of the previous questions in a Shizune direction and then run too fast on the track with Emi. I'm not sure about that, however.

Luckily for you, you've left the best scene in the game until last. You'll see why when you get to it. If you make the right choice, that is.
Did it just now. Saved before each choice, and enjoyed the results each time. Particularly the one you're alluding to. Unless I'm mistaken... isn't that the ONLY occurrence of such a word in Act 1? ^_^
S_K
"Do something you can't, just because you can." - In other words, troll life.

Re: Act1 Walkthrough, 100% & Individual paths, Flowchart

Post by Guest »

Summary of the end-picking logic:

Divide the act into two phases: before and after "Lunch Evolution Theory".

You can unlock Shizune, Lilly/Hanako and Emi paths with 2 second-round points each. You can't unlock both Shizune and L/H because you have to choose one of them to give a point at "Cold War". To get the second second-round point for either of these, you need to get at least 2 corresponding first-round points (out of 3) and pick the appropriate option at "Lunch Evolution Theory". If your choices don't match, or you read your book at LET, you don't unlock either. Emi is unlocked independently of the other two, in very obvious fashion, by running.

Then, the ending is chosen as follows:

Unlock nobody -> Rin, unless you are stoic with Lilly, or turn Rin down (bad end).
Unlock Shizune only -> Shizune, unless you kick them out of your room (bad end).
Unlock Shizune and Emi -> Choose Shizune or Emi, unless you piss Misha off (bad end).
Unlock Emi only -> Emi.
Unlock L/H only -> Choose Lilly or Hanako, unless you are stoic with Lilly (bad end).
Unlock L/H and Emi -> Emi (zomg, no tiebreaker on this side). I guess the idea is that Emi can get along with someone compassionate, but L/H can't get along with someone energetic. :/
Sleet

Post by Sleet »

Hrm. I'm also having trouble unlocking Slow Recovery.

I followed the Shizune path as listed on the first page, but I don't get the option whilst running with Emi. Can anyone tell me which choices I'm messing up on to miss that one?
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

I like the walkthrough ^^ thanks Warwick