Act1 Walkthrough, 100% & Individual paths, Flowchart

Aya Reiko

Re: Act1 Walkthrought, 100% & Individual paths, Flowchart

Post by Aya Reiko »

Teclo wrote:Wow, that's amazing. It's incredibly useful and also very interesting. I made a wider, shorter version for myself and I thought I may as well upload it in case anyone else wants it too. It fits the shape of monitors more so it's more zoomed in naturally. Just read it down the first column then start at the top of the second one.

Edit 2-

Some of those "equals" are probably supposed to be "greater than or equal to". I had my Hanako/Lilly point count up to 5 at "Above and Beyond" and the next scene is "Paint By Numbers" rather than "Things You Could Do".

I also discovered an error in the flowchart, "It Builds Character" does not go to "Waylay", it goes to "A Private Lunch" instead
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

Aya Reiko wrote:Some of those "equals" are probably supposed to be "greater than or equal to". I had my Hanako/Lilly point count up to 5 at "Above and Beyond" and the next scene is "Paint By Numbers" rather than "Things You Could Do".

I also discovered an error in the flowchart, "It Builds Character" does not go to "Waylay", it goes to "A Private Lunch" instead
You are correct on both counts, I'm sorry to say. I informed Warwick of the first error you mention a while ago, but that was after he got MoonWolf to mention it in the OP. They need either to read as "greater than or equal to" and have their integers increased by two for all Hanako/Lilly and Shizune path splits or a legend needs to be added that points out how the first five choices needn't be counted once you reach "Lunch Evolution Theory(LET)". The former is probably the better solution. Also, thank you for pointing out the second error. I hadn't caught that, but can confirm it.

Edit: Argh! I'd forgotten this. Whether you go to "Detour Ahead(DA)" or "It Builds Character(IBC)" after "Short Sharp Shock" is only determined by the choice you make in "LET", so a change in the numerical notation would still be misleading in that instance. (because even if you make all three Shizune choices before "LET" if you choose to read a book, you go to "IBC" and not "DA".) That split will need to be handled differently than the others if we go with the first solution I mentioned above.

Edit 2: Never mind about changing the notation; adding a legend is the only option. What I mention in my first edit holds true for all the other Shizune splits. Choosing her 4+ times is misleading. The key to her path is making the right choices at "LET" and "Cold War" in particular, so the first three possible choices don't factor into it beyond determining whose choices are available at "LET". (Edit 3: The same goes for Hanako/Lilly, sheesh!) That's why we chose to use the notation we did.

So in conclusion, the first five decisions have no effect beyond "Lunch Evolution Theory" and must not be counted toward choices made beyond that scene. This needs to be pointed out somewhere on the flowchart.

(Sorry for how convoluted I've been here. It's been many weeks since I thought about this and my notes are sparse, so I've had to re-discover how I went about the whole thing the first time around.)
Last edited by vermithrx on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Done. Hope this is well and good. Will notify Moonwolf, as well.
KS_Flowchart.png
KS_Flowchart.png (912.7 KiB) Viewed 19667 times
静音是买外夫
Aya Reiko

Post by Aya Reiko »

Warwick wrote:Done. Hope this is well and good. Will notify Moonwolf, as well.
KS_Flowchart.png
You're still using "=" when it's supposed to be ">=".
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

Aya Reiko wrote:You're still using "=" when it's supposed to be ">=".
Incorrect. Re-read the note in the blue-colored area surrounding the "Lunch Evolution Theory" choices. You need to restart your count from scratch at that point.
z, teh SLAHA

Post by z, teh SLAHA »

hmmm....finished the game, followed the walkthrough for Shizune. I did it all the way through, but I still get the depressing ending and eventually DIE?!?!?! What's up with that?!?!
z, teh SLAYAH

Post by z, teh SLAYAH »

It's like a book, except you can have sex with disabled people. Hm.... I'm beginning to wonder what the intent of the developers is....

This is actually pretty good. Takes a long time though. I played through once, but then I got the ending that seemed depressing, so I tried again with a walkthrough. Turned out, I got Shizume's ending....BOTH TIMES!!!!! It took a full half hour on the auto setting at full speed, just to get the same ending......are all the endings depressing?
Malinor

Post by Malinor »

The ending where you die is NOT Shizune's ending, you must be making a mistake somewhere along the line if that is indeed the one you got.
z, teh SLAYAH

Post by z, teh SLAYAH »

z, teh SLAHA wrote:hmmm....finished the game, followed the walkthrough for Shizune. I did it all the way through, but I still get the depressing ending and eventually DIE?!?!?! What's up with that?!?!
OMG I can quote myself!!!! Sorry, had to do it.
z, teh SLAYAH

Post by z, teh SLAYAH »

z, teh SLAYAH wrote:
z, teh SLAHA wrote:hmmm....finished the game, followed the walkthrough for Shizune. I did it all the way through, but I still get the depressing ending and eventually DIE?!?!?! What's up with that?!?!
OMG I can quote myself!!!! Sorry, had to do it.
heh, double quote..."Micheal Jackson is the first person to quote himself" -The movie "Click"

Yah, the one where Shizume and Misha get some doll, your heart starts freaking out, and game ends after some fireworks, right?
Malinor

Post by Malinor »

Yes, your previous statements were misleading, or perhaps I just read them incorrectly.

That fireworks on the roof ending is Shizune's ending.
z, the slayer

Post by z, the slayer »

Malinor wrote:Yes, your previous statements were misleading, or perhaps I just read them incorrectly.

That fireworks on the roof ending is Shizune's ending.
I read other people posting about some death scene. With your character's morbid talk after the prize game, I figured that was it, sorry for any miscommunication. Is miscommunication a word? My browser keeps on wanting to change it.
Z, the slayer

Post by Z, the slayer »

Can someone please point out the endings that are NOT depressing. Maybe some kind of "happiness" rating for each of the girls' paths so I can feel that I accomplished something? It took me around two, three hours to finish one path when I read everything. Hm... I'm not even sure which girl I want to aim for. I originally wanted Shizume, but I guess that's done.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

My suggestion is that you read the endings and decide yourself which ones make you depressed and which ones make you happy.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Z, the slayer

Post by Z, the slayer »

there's a thread specifically for spoilers to the game? Hmm... I think I will just stick with the guess-and-check method. That walkthrough you guys made is really detailed and easy to follow. Saved me a bunch of time. Thanks. Gonna aim for the other girls this time. I thought the game was great, but for the final result, could the developers think about more frequent questions? there is only around 10 for a 2 hour game. I know I don't really have a position to start throwing out ideas, I guess you guys already have people for that, but just take it into consideration.

I always thought the song Daylight was irritating. When it hits the point where it loops to the beginning, the entire song goes minor, which feels like Rin is drop-kicking me in the pants.