Katawa Shoujo 1.2 released!

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Katawa Shoujo 1.2 released!

Post by Aura »

<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
griffon8

Re: Katawa Shoujo 1.2 released!

Post by griffon8 »

That's both good and bad.

For me, it's mostly bad. I never finished going through 1.1 and compiling the errors I saw, and now I have to start over.

Oh well. Just an excuse to start all over again.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
patch-xeco

Post by patch-xeco »

Hello, first sorry for my english

*Note: This method is really bugged. When you loads the savedata the first time, sometimes the text changes to spanish, others not.

I found how to keep your savedata for the new version 1.2 if you want to play it in spanish.

!Warning! It only worked me for one savedata.

1- Go to your "Appdata/RenPy" folder and backup your files and savedatas ["katawashoujo_actual_1.1", inside there are two files named "1-LT1.save" and "persistent", these are your savedatas].
2- Delete the "RenPy" folder and then install the new version 1.2.
3- Once in the game, don't touch anything, languages, options, etc. Only start a new game and save it. A new savedata will be created with the name "1-LT1.save"
and another file named "persistent".
4- Close the game and go to the "Appdata/RenPy" folder (the savedata). Go to the 1.2 folder and delete the "1-Lt1.save" and "persistent". Then paste your backed savedata from the 1.1 folder to the new 1.2.
5- ????
6- Start the game.
7- Profit

About the bug: When I load the save for the first time, the game does not change the language. But, sometimes, when I reload the save, it restarts the scene from the beggining (bug) and then is when the language changes. So, I save here.
-------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------

Spanish

Lo primero perdón si no me expreso bien aunque sea en español

*Nota: Este método esta un poco bugeado. Cuando cargas la partida por primera vez, a veces el texto no cambia de idioma, otras si. *Explicación abajo.

!Cuidado! Solo me funcionó con 1 savedata, es decir, solo tengo una partida jugada. Para más partidas no se si funcionará igual.

1- Ve a la carpeta que está en "AppData/Renpy" y haz una copia de seguridad de las partidas guardadas. ["katawashoujo_actual_1.1", dentro hay dos archivos, "1-LT1.save" y otro "persistent", son tu partida].
2- Borra la carpeta "RenPy" e instala la versión 1.2.
3- Una vez en el juego no toques nada, ni idiomas, ni opciones, nada. Inicia una nueva partida y guardala. Se creará una nueva partida llamada "1-LT1.save" y otro archivo "persistent". ( Vamos, igual que en la 1.1).
4- Cierra el juego y ve a "AppData/Renpy" (Donde se guardan las partidas). Ve a la carpeta de la 1.2 y borra los archivos "1-Lt1.save" y "persistent". Entonces sustituyelos con los archivos que guardaste antes. (la partida de la 1.1)
5- ?????
6- Listo

Comentario: Al iniciar el juego aparecen los extras y todo, pero ya aviso, solo tengo una partida guardada.
Sobre el bug, me pasa que al cargar por primera vez la partida, está en inglés. Vuelvo a cargar y me inicia la escena en español desde el principio, entonces sobrescribo y ya. Es muy raro.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Are there patch notes? I'm curious about what was changed.

EDIT: Also, are existing save files forwards-compatible - assuming they can be transferred at all without mad Ren'Py-fu?
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Atario

Post by Atario »

I'm seeing people on the Mac version saying there's a problem with a missing background image…

NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Now I'm going to have to play all the way back through to compare changes between 1.1 and 1.2, good excuse for another full playthrough rather than just cherrypicking which scenes I need to cite. (The "minor language changes" matter for fanfic, damnit. :P) I guess I'll hand-generate a (English-language) dialogue changelog by playing through 100% on 1.1 and 1.2 simultaneously.

I'm guessing the whole relationship between Jigoro and Hiroyuki thing has been fixed?
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Perhaps there is a secret route or at least an easter egg added. :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair