Katawa Shoujo 1.1 Released

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Piu

Re: Katawa Shoujo 1.1 Released

Post by Piu »

MrJackFrost wrote:Ano... Is it possible to import my save file from ver. 1.0?
This. I really want to keep my save game
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Katawa Shoujo 1.0 and 1.1 are made with different versions of Ren'Py.
I don't think the Save games are compatible - some people seem to think it's possible, but so far I haven't seen anyone confirm it.

Personally I think it's way less of a hassle to just recreate it by skipping through the VN. Should be possible to create a new 100% game in about an hour.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
something_or.other

Post by something_or.other »

It partially works. The extras menu will be still be complete (Library, Gallery, etc.) and you'll have the paper slips on the main menu, but whether or not you've read text or made choices will not transfer. So you won't be able to skip any text without the "skip unread text" option, and when choices come up, the checkboxes will be blank.

I can only confirm this for the Windows release, as that's what I have.
max7238

Post by max7238 »

Well, I'm a bit late, but I'm seeding. Been looking for an excuse to start over! :)
Spunktroap

Post by Spunktroap »

Wow, updated music. So then why not replace Concord with it's Cello and Piano live cover?
DerailedOmegaMale

Post by DerailedOmegaMale »

Why do the Linux and Windows versions still use the old version of RenPy? The Macintosh version of KS 1.1 repacked with the newest RenPy runs under Windows just fine. I even get proper OpenGL accelleration. The software renderer stutters in some complex scenes. OpenGL handles those scenes just fine.
au13

Post by au13 »

The newer RenPy engine for Katawa Shouju version 1.1 does not work on PowerPC Macintosh computers.

I have modified my copy of version 1.0 of this program to include the revised "Red Velvet" track. If so desired, I can upload the modified application for the benefit of those still using PowerPC based Macs.

Also, while the Fullscreen mode was unavailable for Intel-based Macs on version 1.0, the same version does allow Fullscreen mode on PowerPC based Macs.

As for missing game saves and extras on the 1.1 update for Intel-based Macs, this is because version 1.1 creates a new folder within the RenPy folder inside the User's Library folder on the system upon first execution of the game and stores game saves and status updates there.

Go to /Users/(user name)/Library/RenPy/

If version 1.1 has been installed and run, then in that Renpy folder should be three folders labeled "katawashoujo_actual" and "katawashoujo_actual1.1" or similar as well as "persistent."

Copy (DO NOT move) all files (all "LT1.save" files as well as the "persistent" file) in the "katawashouho_actual" folder into the "katawashoujo_actual1.1" folder.

After copying, test to see if the files take on 1.1. If it works, you can delete the old "katawashoujo_actual" folder (and ONLY that folder).