Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2508
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Silentcook » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:45 pm

Because we got bored of the secret 4LS base in Copenhagen, obviously. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94.

Image

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Comrade » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:28 pm

I wonder how many times Mirage will have to yell at people here until it goes through.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Munchenhausen » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:25 am

Comrade wrote:I wonder how many times Mirage will have to yell at people here until it goes through.
We should really start paying him for this
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Comrade » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:54 pm

Munchenhausen wrote:
Comrade wrote:I wonder how many times Mirage will have to yell at people here until it goes through.
We should really start paying him for this
For all the things he does for KS THIS should be what he gets paid for?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5775
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Mirage_GSM » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Hey, nobody get's paid here - not even the devs ;-)

Besides I don't think I ever yelled at anyone...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Comrade » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Mirage_GSM wrote:Hey, nobody get's paid here - not even the devs ;-)

Besides I don't think I ever yelled at anyone...
We're inferring your tone from the amount of times you had to repeat the obvious.

besides, in German, everything sounds like yelling.

Just saying.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5775
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Mirage_GSM » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:32 pm

besides, in German, everything sounds like yelling.
That's not true. And I can prove it:
Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben wrote:Im Rosenbusch die Liebe schlief,
Der Frühling kam, der Frühling rief;
Die Liebe hört’s, die Lieb’ erwacht,
Schaut aus der Knosp’ hervor und lacht,
Und denkt, zu zeitig möchte’s halt sein,
Und schläft drum ruhig wieder ein.

Der Frühling aber läßt nicht nach,
Er küßt sie jeden Morgen wach,
Er kos’t mit ihr früh bis spat,
Bis sie ihr Herz geöffnet hat,
Und seine heiße Sehnsucht stillt,
Und jeden Sonnenblick vergilt.
Since SC doesn't like foreign languages and Google will probably mangle this beyond comprehension - it's a bit archaic - I'll also provide a translation:

In a rosebush love was sleeping
Spring arrived and called out for it.
Love heard and awakened,
Looked out of the bud and began to laugh.
But thought it was too early
and went back to sleep peacefully.

But spring did not let up.
Kissed her awake every morning,
Kissed her from early till late
Until she opened her heart
And quenched his hot desire
And payed him back for every sunbeam.

And now tell me if you could yell such a poem in any language ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Comrade » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:46 pm

How is that disproving German sounds like yelling? I've heard a lot of German. Non of it was very pleasant.
It seems like unpleasant sounds are a feature of Germanic languages.
Dutch sounds like a person choking, English is a mishmash of germanic, romance and semitic words, the mainland nords sound like very soft berbering , and icelandic...
let's not talk about them.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Zarys
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Zarys » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Yes French sounds many much better. it's sad that the international language is English : a unpleasant language (because germanic) that has the flaws of the too poor language but is still idiomatic (and therefore can't be completely mastered by those who aren't native or having learned very young)...
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair

User avatar
FelOnyx
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by FelOnyx » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Zarys wrote:Yes French sounds many much better. it's sad that the international language is English : a unpleasant language (because germanic) that has the flaws of the too poor language but is still idiomatic (and therefore can't be completely mastered by those who aren't native or having learned very young)...
Hey! It may be a pointlessly confusing mess of a language, and probably the worst possible choice for a global Lingua Franca, but it does not sound unpleasant! And it sounds many much better than French does! In fact, it was a perfectly normal, non-confusing language until that Norman bastard came and ruined it by pumping it full of French!

:P
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.

Hisao
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:47 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Hisao » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:02 am

I hope Katawa Shoujo 3 is completed soon. I am quite excited about it. Please don't insert someone like Rin this time.

Post Reply