Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Comrade

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Comrade »

NotSoClassy wrote:
Zorther wrote:katawa shoujo could be a huge franchise. it could turn 3d and you have to walk around and interact and rember things.

I''d pay for dat.

Also, That post says that we will learn more next year, wich is next 1st of april. The one who made
that post on 1st of april is a devil, you dont know whether or not it was serious.
It's not.

Read the other posts before you make your own!
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Well, normally I would believe that story, being told how KS dev team was in a discord for the most of the time. Get your shit together guys :P
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

This is obviously old news, but it still sort of bums me out. That said, fan fiction/art and the general community have done a good job keeping the spirit of Yamaku alive, so it's not all bad. I'd rather have one great game than two that average out to be meh.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

You do know that this was an april's fools joke, right?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:You do know that this was an april's fools joke, right?
Me? Yes.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
gogos202

Post by gogos202 »

WAIT! I know its posted on april fools day but does this mean there will be a KS2 or 3 or will they not make it?
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

gogos202 wrote:WAIT! I know its posted on april fools day but does this mean there will be a KS2 or 3 or will they not make it?
The devs have officially announced there will be no sequel to Katawa Shoujo, ever. Your best bet is the fanfiction board.
Carcino1

Post by Carcino1 »

That's what I was afraid of. I have never cried for anything in my life, Katawa Shoujo was no different, but the Rin ending, Hanako ending, and Lily ending...I just..I hate when things aren't complete, and this does not feel complete to me. I only made this account to really post this message. Its like reading a book, and at the most heart felt moment, you notice that on the next page, the rest of the book is torn out. What I'm saying is, I know its their choice, and fan faction usually sustains a community, but I don't really get into fan fiction, I get into the source canon, and this really leaves me craving for more. Hearing that its over after my search kinda hurts a bit. Knowing that, I'm stuck with fan fiction I don't care about. These stories kinda made me a downer for a week, and they still do, it was of excellent craft. So, it seems I'm late to the party, seeing this topic started a year ago, but still, I really liked this, its one of the few things that, despite my constant likes and dislikes changing is in some sort of limbo so to speak. I just hate reading something, then at the most heartfelt moment, the story going to white. Maybe I'm not the only ones with these thoughts, but oh well, its their choice, and the ending will linger on in me, biting my insides, making me somewhat depressed, at a set of words and a drawing, how pathetic it seems now that I look at it, hmm? I was always a sap for these sorts of things. It was nice to vent all this so, yeah, maybe one day it may be created, but highly unlikely, oh well.
Blood_poet

Post by Blood_poet »

Hello...
I'm probably late to the party...
I just found the Visual Novel, and asides from Thank you!
This business of a Number 2? I like the idea.

So ideas...
1, Continuation of the story line?? cause it couldn't have lasted long enough for me to be truly happy... like not even a full new novel just updates expanding the storyline from where they end, going into university and following through their relationships... more characters so that you could break up with the one you where dating originally and go with a new person??? Yuuko! for example ;)
I assume it would be easier then starting anew....

2, side story involving Kenji and maybe yuuko... I'm pretty keen on yuuko getting a bigger role if possible. and there where some hints at them knowing each other.... at least the impression i got. so play kenji and get with yuuko..... i know its small and not as interesting as a full new story butttttttt it would be fun and expand upon the relm of katawa not to mention a simpler project then a full remake of the universe...

3, Just throw it away and make a completely new novel? I not only enjoyed the story but the actual game play, the characters and all of that. So take the style and build something fresh.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Sorry to disappoint you, but this blog entry was an April Fool's post.
There is not going to be a sequel.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Am I the only one to think it's a lie ? because they know that development is long, but do not want to provide a devlog or support requests from fans (makes more like that, when the game is released...)
They did confess that when KS2 will almost be finished. (Of course they will not reply to my message, or deny; but this is EXACTLY what they would say if they secretly develop KS2; it's is a conspiracy !)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Date. of. post: April 1st.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

They did this same thing before when they announced additional content for the game like routes for Saki and Rika.
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oddball wrote:They did this same thing before when they announced additional content for the game like routes for Saki and Rika.
The Kickstarter didn't meet the funding goals for those two, though. Sad.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

brythain wrote:
Oddball wrote:They did this same thing before when they announced additional content for the game like routes for Saki and Rika.
The Kickstarter didn't meet the funding goals for those two, though. Sad.
Well, frankly the goals they set were pretty high to begin with.

I for one, question why they really needed a castle in Spain to complete a few extra routes.
Not Dead Yet