Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
greator

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by greator »

Hisao again??
Come on. Let's use a new main character.
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

KS2 has been cancelled - Now I have no more reason to live. :(

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

greator wrote:Hisao again??
Come on. Let's use a new main character.
They're hopefully saving that for part 3.
Not Dead Yet
Pokeman

Post by Pokeman »

God damn it. I want to believe this is true, but it could be just an April Fool's joke and all, since it was posted April 1.

"There won't be a sequel", but there can be a sequel to what could never be. I'll stick to my slim piece of hope.
Morlok8k

Post by Morlok8k »

!!!!!

I just read the post (on 4/4/13), as it was sitting unread in my rss feed reader, along with the "Katawa Shoujo at Anime Expo 2013" post. because of my timezone, it was dated Sunday March 31st, at 4:26pm... Even the first post of this topic is "Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:27 pm"... (off by an hour due to my daylight saving toggle not being set on the forums)

So, it did not dawn on me at all that this was an aprils fools joke, as I didnt get receive or read it on april 1st.... Until that last line about KS3. thats when i got suspicious and saw that the blog itself has the post listed as April 1st...

damn, now i want real news!
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Darn. And here I thought Hisao was going to become a shōnen banchō in the sequel.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Amor13

Post by Amor13 »

Maybe if you want to live up to the hype of the original Katawa Shoujo, maybe you could take the second game in a similar but vastly different direction.
In the first game, you made a story that was primarily about physically disabled characters. Maybe in the next one you can make it about mentally disabled people. Sure, Hanako and Kenji have their own psychological problems, but you can tackle more serious mental disabilities like Schizophrenia, DID and Autism.
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

The problem with mental handicaps is that, on one hand, it's far more difficult to write them in for believable characters without having firsthand experience - and on the other hand, it really blurs the lines on an unimportant concept called consent.

Just sayin'...
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

zanzarra wrote:The problem with mental handicaps is that [...] it really blurs the lines on an unimportant concept called consent.

Just sayin'...
I just imagined a VN where people like Kenji started a riot at Yakamu, raping everyone and setting up smaller camps on campus. Kinda like in one of those popular TV series about zombies. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Suppercut

Post by Suppercut »

Wait.

They already made a KS2 April Fools joke after I totally forgot about my own April Fools project? FUCK! NOW WHAT?! EVERYONE KNOWS GABE NEWELL CAN'T COUNT TO THREE, AND THERE IS NO TF3! Clever girl, 4LS.
I'm not that good with signatures. I guess I like Lilly or whatever.
Lord Letto

Post by Lord Letto »

Nice, I'm Looking Forward to KS2. In my mind, I think the 1 Armed chick could be related to Rin somehow? And the Guy could be Somehow related to Hisao?
Emi (Got Good Ending Playing Blind, Then Found a Flow Chart For the Others), Shizune, Lilly, Hanako, Rin (Never got to finish due to Corrupted/Glitched Data and Save File)
Ice & Trikes 4 Life!
If Nissan Motorsports = Nismo, does Honda Motorsports = Homo ?
darkstorm117

Post by darkstorm117 »

I personally would love an all female version of the same game and not just for the most obvious reason. I find lesbian relationships much more beautiful and sensual. Maybe it's just my male mind speaking.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

darkstorm117 wrote:I personally would love an all female version of the same game and not just for the most obvious reason. I find lesbian relationships much more beautiful and sensual. Maybe it's just my male mind speaking.
It really doesn't matter what gender or orientation you are. Love is love. Though, a lesbian sex edition of Katawa Shoujo would be lovely.
Gavicimal

Post by Gavicimal »

Last edited by Gavicimal on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Just look at the date of the blog post.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.