Katawa Shoujo at Anime Expo 2013

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Katawa Shoujo at Anime Expo 2013

Post by Suriko »

It's that time of the year again, and just as the case was in 2012, a number of Katawa Shoujo developers will be attending and operating tables at the Anime Expo convention, held at the Los Angeles Convention Centre from July 4th to July 7th.

The developers in attendance will be Weee (artist), Gebyy (artist), Nicol (musician), and Suriko (writer, producer). We won't be selling a new Katawa Shoujo artbook this year, unfortunately, but feel free to swing by and say hi if you're there. We'll update this blog post later once table placement is known.
PlatonicRabbit

Re: Katawa Shoujo at Anime Expo 2013

Post by PlatonicRabbit »

You guys are creatures of habit. I'll be expecting something 2 days from now. Will you guys be giving out information on new projects?
Cereal_Guy_Dan

Post by Cereal_Guy_Dan »

Wish I could be there. Are you absolutely set on the idea of not having some sort of article to sell at the con? If you opened up another Kickstarter for that purpose, I'd be all about it. I want one of those watercolor pieces that Weee did for the last one so bad I can taste it!
thecakewuzalie

Post by thecakewuzalie »

Wondering what will be available this year so I can plan accordingly, especially since I hope I don't end up blowing all my money at the KS stall T.T
"The manner in which a warrior deals with defeat is a truer mark of his mettle than his comportment in victory " ~Guilliman
sennit wrote:Yeah it was more of an absurd speculation after the fact. No more.
Nicendeth

Post by Nicendeth »

Just saying, but if you have a panel I'm definitely hitting it up.
Pascalla

Post by Pascalla »

I couldn't find the table, and I didn't find any of the names the table could be listed under in the program book. (Katawa Shoujo, Four Leaf Studios, 4LS)
Did the table fall through or did AX just accidentally forget to list the group in the program?
Or did I just not look close enough? :C
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Pascalla wrote:I couldn't find the table, and I didn't find any of the names the table could be listed under in the program book. (Katawa Shoujo, Four Leaf Studios, 4LS)
Did the table fall through or did AX just accidentally forget to list the group in the program?
That's because the people who attended were not in any official capability so "Four Leaf Studios" did not attend. I don't know what name weee and gebyy had their table under since both of them have like a dozen handles.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Pascalla wrote:I couldn't find the table, and I didn't find any of the names the table could be listed under in the program book. (Katawa Shoujo, Four Leaf Studios, 4LS)
The individual artists had tables listed under their own names (weee, gebby, doomfest etc). Sorry we didn't get to see you at AX >:
Pascalla

Post by Pascalla »

Whoops! I suppose I wasn't paying attention then.
It's okay, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves though!
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image
Kenjibro

Post by Kenjibro »

Yeah, it was a bit difficult to find where the booth would be but I saw Doomfest's table and took that as my best guess. I went as Kenji and met with a good number of KS fans, and I also found a Hisao! I'm glad they were selling KS 'Future' artbooks at Doom/Weee's table as well, I've been meaning to grab it for a while. Some pictures below of my Kenjiventures and the loot I picked up:

http://i.imgur.com/A73WrqC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fHAFXLr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XTMw1A2.jpg