Happy First Anniversary!

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Woody Alien

Re: Happy First Anniversary!

Post by Woody Alien »

Happy 1st Birthday, Katawa Shoujo! And congrats to the Four Leaf team on this anniversary.
A year is already come and gone, to tell the truth my life isn't changed much in these months, however I am still happy to be a part of this wonderful community and I hope that the word of KS continues to spread! As for me, I think I'm going to restart the game anew, to see if my perceptions of things have changed, and because I want to "feel" again (there are simply not many games/books/films out there that give me this kind of reaction).
Good luck on all your future projects, whatever thay are, and may the KS legacy live on!

Also, the "Rinternet" picture makes me LMFAO :D
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
ignazz

Post by ignazz »

Will you guys make an update with more routes and stuff? it would be cool to add Miki's or even new characters :)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Nope.
Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Sanarku

Post by Sanarku »

Thank you guys again for this beautiful game. After a year I replayed my favorite storyline (RIn) and my god it was just as beautiful, and completely different then my first play through. You guys have created a timeless piece of art that will forever bring many, many manly tears from me over all the feels. Katawa shoujo gives me hope; and not just about getting a GF or finding love. Seeing as I'm graduating this year from college I was beginning to doubt myself and a whole bunch of other things. This story brought me more hope I think on my second play-through then even the first. Yuuko and Shizune both spoke wonders to me about what it means to be successful and about disappointments. You really help explore our fears, our sorrow and our personal doubts and help give a positive look for the future.

They may be fictional characters; but they definitely have the souls and hearts of real people.

Thank you again for everything<3

(P.s. sorry I'm a little late; i actually forgot it was it's anniversary; I just started playing it again because i wanted to)
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Happy anniversary!

Something new from 4LS? Oh, man...now you've got my attention! I'm really looking forward to that!

Once again, thank you all for Katawa Shoujo. Not only is it my Game Of The Year 2012, it was a wonderful gift that enriched my life and helped pull me out of a dark place. Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Misha, Shizune and the others feel like friends, and I always enjoy coming back to visit them with a playthrough or a piece of fan art. I can't recall ever feeling so much affection for fictional characters as I do for them. That's a pretty amazing feat of creativity and skill on your part, and I eagerly look forward to seeing what you're able to produce after the things you learned from making KS.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
21stcenturyBoy

Post by 21stcenturyBoy »

+onemillion what mysterycycle said, i have never played a VN ever in my life before, actually i only play Starcraft and other boring games, i wont bore you with how my life is, All i want tosay is, i am intelligent enough to recognise a true piece of art, and this game Katawa Shoujo, Im sorry to say it, but no matter how hard you try 4LS crew, i m sorry tosay this migth have been the alltime highligth of your career, its so perfect, so cute, so romatic, the stories, the songs, the art especially.

just want to say thank you guysm from the bottom of my heart, wwhen i die and wake up in anothrt dimencion i will still remember this eartly experience this "silly" game was capable to porduce, and the changes it made in my life for the better

thank you. really, just thank you for every second of effort you guys put in this work, now its a masterpiece who would have tohugth? Its the bestgame experience I have ever had. I doubt anything can beat it, and that make mee feel sad :(

but anyway, gl in future projects, im shure anybody involved with creating 4LS just like that wirtuasly from sratch 0, are capable to surpriese us somewhere in the future. God bless ya all!
mikifuryy

Post by mikifuryy »

Happy anniversary sorry i couldn't get to this thread sooner i just heard about it a couple of days ago on the katawa shoujo facebook page and i decided to get back onto the forums to look at fan art and wish you guys the best for your upcoming projects.

i'm abit sad that chilled chaos took down his katawa shoujo a couple of days before the anniversary :roll: he kinda got me into katawa shoujo
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I don't envy you guys. KS is gonna be a tough act to follow.

I've spent the last day exploring the net, Youtube, Deviantart, and Facebook. Jeez, you guys created a monster!

But a sweet, gentle monster. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
tounymalouny

Post by tounymalouny »

I wish you most of luck in the future with your new project. I understand that Katawa Shoujo is finished and we'll probably never see Yamaku and it's students again. This obviously leaves some of us with sadness and I know I'm going to miss Rin, Emi, Lilly, Hanako and Shizune. Most of us already know that there'll be no more of KS, but deep inside hope still lingers. Hope that we'll someday see Hisao and his friends again.

Thank you for the feels.
Solus

Post by Solus »

Well, I've just discovered the game nearly on the date of the anniversary, and have been playing it mostly non-stop for quite a few days. (Who needs sleep anyway? Amirite?)

Anyway, it's been great to find that such a fandom has sprung up from seemingly such a short VS. (Short? Is that really a good way to describe it or have I just been having way too much fun?)

I'm interested to see what plans end up being revealed for 4LS this year, I was under the impression that they were not planning to do anything more as a team, and that the team was set up purely for the sake of making RAITA's concept a reality. I'll head over and check out that art book immediately, it looks *very* interesting. :)
"Successful people have libraries. The rest have big screen TVs."
- Jim Rohn
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."
- Benjamin Franklin
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I only recently found out about this game; played it and beat it in a week. Even though I'm horribly late with this post I want to thank you guys for making such an immortal game! It truly stuck to my heart and i feel bad for not being there for its development. Congrats, I feel that you guys have sealed a extremely promising future career because of this game :P

Future projects, Eh? That sounds like something that I can look forward to! :D

Anyways, good luck in the future!
"... No matter how people see me as, pariah or paragon, I am but myself."
-FL
KSwoo

Post by KSwoo »

Hey, just got into the game, it's absolutely amazing.

I also had a question. Is it possible that the game could be ported to iOS and Android? It would be pretty cool if that would happen.

Thanks for making this game. I love it.
tounymalouny

Post by tounymalouny »

KSwoo wrote:Hey, just got into the game, it's absolutely amazing.

I also had a question. Is it possible that the game could be ported to iOS and Android? It would be pretty cool if that would happen.

Thanks for making this game. I love it.
Not according to the FAQ (which you probably should've read first!)
Also you might want to check out the Ask! thread.
MishaFandom

Post by MishaFandom »

Could you make a Misha route pleeeaaaase?!! A lot of fans want :( Eitherway Happy Anniversary and more power to your awesome, humble team!
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person"
-Katawa Shoujo

"Do you like me Hicchan?"
-Misha
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

MishaFandom wrote:Could you make a Misha route pleeeaaaase?!! A lot of fans want :( Eitherway Happy Anniversary and more power to your awesome, humble team!
Bro, just play through Shizune's route. You shall find what you are looking for.Kinda.:P
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.