Happy First Anniversary!

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
luinthoron

Re: Happy First Anniversary!

Post by luinthoron »

Congratulations on the anniversary, nice to hear about the plans for the future! :)
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Happy Anniversary! :D
I'm also very interested in what the new project is. ^_^ Keep up the good work!
Dream

Post by Dream »

Happy anniversary, 4LS!

The diligency and effort you guys dedicated to the project is extremely commendable, and it's really awesome that so many great things have come out of KS.

Wish you luck in all your future project and hope things turn out even better than they already did with KS :).
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Happy anniversary!

This project means so much to so many people, myself included. When I played through Katawa Shoujo at release it put a smile on my face that I've felt every day since
It may seem silly, but the full scope of what KS and the ensuing fandom has done for me is far beyond that of a short, courteous forum post.

All I can really do is give 4LS a big, big thank you and wish you all the luck in the world in your future endeavors!
Cereal_Guy_Dan

Post by Cereal_Guy_Dan »

The new projects aren't related to Katawa Shoujo in any way.
That's good, no one in 4LS should feel pressured to relegate themselves to KS. If your interests are leading you in other directions and pressure into doing more of what you've already done won out, then the end result would almost certainly suffer.

That said, I don't mind voicing the fact that you've done such a good job of connecting me to the KS characters, that I'd be glad to see them again if you felt as though there was more to say - but 4LS has hooked me as a fan, and I know there will be great stories and characters to connect to regardless whether they're familiar or not.

Here's to a bright and prolific creative future to all of you and a happy anniversary to your past efforts!
Scissorlips

Post by Scissorlips »

Happy one year anniversary, and my most sincere thanks to everyone who put so much time and effort into making the game that inspired and impacted so many people.
My pastebin.
I'm a writer for a visual novel project called Familiarity, where I go by the name Lunch.
LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

You guys changed things. You changed people. You changed a little bit of the world for the better.

That in and of itself is an achievement not many will ever hope to aspire to.

Happy Heartfelt Anniversary to 4 Leaf Studios!

(P.S. : If you don't mind me asking...; what's next?)
MusedMoose

Post by MusedMoose »

A bit late on this, but congratulations, 4LS, for all you've done and all that's come from it. Like a lot of people here, Katawa Shoujo affected me a lot more than I thought it would, and I think of it less as a game and more like a favorite book that I'll take down and read again sometime in the future. Like any good book, I think I'll get something new out of it whenever I go through it again. It's just that good. ^_^

As for the fans' reaction, well, you never can tell how people will react to your work. I've seen authors talk about that. Hell, I've had reviews on some of my stuff that just left me sitting there staring at the screen, wondering how in the world something I wrote could affect someone like that. I can only imagine what it's like for 4LS, considering how much people have said about KS and how much it's affected them.

Finally: since you mentioned recruiting, I have to say I would love to work with you all. I am a writer, and have been posting stories online for years - just fanfic and a story series I knew I could never get published, but still. If you want to take a look at my work, you can find it here:
http://www.fictionpress.com/~musedmoose
http://www.fanfiction.net/~musedmoose
The KS fanfic I've linked in my signature file here shows that I can write in the style needed for a visual novel. Please feel free to contact me if you wish.

Really looking forward to seeing what comes out of 4LS in the future.
Lurker since 2008. KS fan forever.
Favorites: Emi and Hanako
My fanfiction: Featuring the post-Hanako good ending fic "Hanako, Uninterrupted". Also: Oh! My Goddess, Onegai Teacher, Love Hina, Noir, Chobits, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Contains an RGU/Sandman crossover and much femslash.
JackAsian

Post by JackAsian »

This is another "created account to say thanks" comment. Also, I know that you guys probably won't make another game or add on to the original, but could you make some quote-unquote "official" artwork on Saki and Rika, like in a artbook? :wink:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

MusedMoose wrote:Finally: since you mentioned recruiting, I have to say I would love to work with you all.
I assume they'll take the "Don't ask us, we'll ask you"- approach when the time comes to recruit new members...
But in case you need another editor, I'd be happy to work with you again :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
MusedMoose

Post by MusedMoose »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I assume they'll take the "Don't ask us, we'll ask you"- approach when the time comes to recruit new members...
You're probably right. ^_^ But I figured there was nothing wrong with throwing my name out; this whole mad thing got started because a bunch of people all said they wanted to work on something. If something happens, awesome, if not, no worries, still a fan.
Mirage_GSM wrote:But in case you need another editor, I'd be happy to work with you again :-)
I appreciated our discussion in my story; if I write another KS fanfic and need someone to look over it, I'll let you know. ^_^

And now, to stop derailing the thread... @_@
Lurker since 2008. KS fan forever.
Favorites: Emi and Hanako
My fanfiction: Featuring the post-Hanako good ending fic "Hanako, Uninterrupted". Also: Oh! My Goddess, Onegai Teacher, Love Hina, Noir, Chobits, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Contains an RGU/Sandman crossover and much femslash.
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

I just wanted to thanks you guys for this game, it has changed my perspective on life and has given me the inspiration to change my life for the better.

Also, this is probably not the thread I should be posting this in but... could one of those projects possibly be another attempt at Measuring Shadows? That game being made would make me the happiest person in the world, I'm a huge fan of Molly.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

The applications for hiring are appreciated, but we aren't currently looking at recruitment for the projects underway. If (big if) we do, we'll most likely open up a hiring subforum akin to what happened with KS so many years ago.

We'll give out more information as things get closer to completion.
Shyamalan

Post by Shyamalan »

I find it rather amusing that Emi's chapter of the artbook consists of one picture of Emi, followed by three pictures that do not have Emi in them.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

She is not poplar yet