Happy First Anniversary!

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Happy First Anniversary!

Post by Aura »

<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Brogurt

Re: Happy First Anniversary!

Post by Brogurt »

I like Hanako
Byne

Post by Byne »

Wont it be 366 days on the anniversary, due to the leap year?
"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life." - Private Leonard Church, Red vs Blue
barnes

Post by barnes »

Made an account just to say Good Job and I wish you luck on your future projects.

Can't wait to see what you guys do next.
hernytan
Location: A place where benevolent dictatorship is practice and not theory

Post by hernytan »

Thanks for such a great game, 4LS!
Here's wishing you good luck on your future projects. May they be as successful as this one!
Shizune=Rin=Emi=Hanako=Lilly
It's a great game guys, stop arguing over who is best they are in order of my preference if you must know
Oh, and Misha >> Everyone else ;)
Hamadyne

Post by Hamadyne »

It's been a fantastic year for you guys, and I'm excited to see what's in store from 4LS!
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Brogurt wrote:I like Hanako
Yay

Anyway, Good job on Katawa Shoujo, 4LS. I wish you luck on your future projects. May the force be with you.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
uwa

Post by uwa »

It's very weird to know exactly what you were doing a year ago on a random date that's not a holiday or other major event. But it's about a quarter til one in my time zone, and exactly one year ago I was cursing my shitty internet connection torrenting KS at about 50kB/sec.

The other anniversaries associated with KS are fuzzier. Some time between now and the 8th was the last time I ate a french fry; on that day I decided to see how long I could go without them. I'm pretty sure that on 9th I managed to do ~45 knee push-ups. Now I do 120 real one. I've let almost everyone assume that the 45 lbs (20 kg) I lost was a New Year's resolution.

In what may or may not become a tradition, I'm about to fire up KS on an empty save file, to get that last crappy image in the gallery once again. I am starting a few hours earlier than a year ago and I think I'll do it in the opposite order this time: first Shizune, then Rin, Lilly, Hanako, and finally Emi.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

New 4LS projects, you say?! This excites me greatly. Happy first anniversary to the most amazing visual novel I've ever had the pleasure of reading!

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
Milli

Post by Milli »

I was about to complain that you have to remind us all the time that it's over. But it's not. I can't wait. I'm following you since the release of act one and am eternally grateful for all you do.
Kougeru

Post by Kougeru »

Man time flies so fast. While it wasn't the first VN I ever played, it was the first that really left a strong impact on me. It was also the first that I actually kept thinking about a year later (reason why I'm here now lol). The entire staff did such a great job on it. You really made the start of 2012 extraordinary for me. Happy 1st for Katawa Shoujo's release! I can't wait to see what these other "projects" are.
Josh_Mac

Post by Josh_Mac »

It's been a year already? Hard to believe. Welp, here's to many more!
Last edited by Josh_Mac on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
PlatonicRabbit

Post by PlatonicRabbit »

Well this is rather a nice surprise. I had wondered if the release of KS was really the end for 4LS as hinted to so often during the development stage.

I look forward to another patient four years. Probably less, since you guys are experienced at this sort of thing now, right? I hope I'm right.
sirleo09

Post by sirleo09 »

Made this account just to say, happy 1st anniversary! As a person who only recently discovered KS, I'm glad to be able to be here for this special day. I have loved every single moment in the VN, and I'm looking forward to future 4LS projects!
Cereal_Guy_Dan

Post by Cereal_Guy_Dan »

A heartfelt thanks to everyone involved for something that has brought me a great deal of joy and inspiration. If you ever revisit any of this in any way I beg you for a Hanako POV (so we can know what she was thinking when what's his name kept cutting her off) or at the very least a scene in which she tells Lilly of her good ending news (since we got the opposite in Lilly's route). I know the job is already (very very well) done, but I can dream.