Katawa Shoujo at Anime Expo

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
LeHarlz

Re: Katawa Shoujo at Anime Expo

Post by LeHarlz »

Alas, being a working man in Texas doesn't allow me travel so easily from state to state for conventions.
I do hope in the future that y'all will visit another that I would be able to also!
I'm glad the booth is a raving success and the fan base is awesome (albeit weird at times from what I've read so far...)
You'd think you'd play Katawa Shoujo for a good amount of Katawa Shoujo before Katawa Shoujo keeps you from playing Katawa Shoujo because you're doing Katawa Shoujo in a different sense of Katawa Shoujo, but no!
50% completion and I'm already the Director of the Katawa Seiyu Project: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6818
Something tells me I need to play more KS.
Chariots Chariots
Wanderingheartache

Post by Wanderingheartache »

LeHarlz wrote:Alas, being a working man in Texas doesn't allow me travel so easily from state to state for conventions.
I do hope in the future that y'all will visit another that I would be able to also!
I'm glad the booth is a raving success and the fan base is awesome (albeit weird at times from what I've read so far...)
LeHarlz... You're from Austin as well? (I'm reading your blurbs under your avatar) I understand how hard it is to go from Texas to Cali for a convention, hell I could only go because my dad saw it as an opportunity for me to bond with my aunts who live in LA... truth be told I would have never made it if I didn't have relatives living out there. But um, back on what I originally brought up... have you been to Ikkicon, Anime Overload, or Ushicon since you live in Austin? I'm wondering if we've ever run into one another in Texas... O///O
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

(no avatar, I choose to be faceless willingly...)
LeHarlz

Post by LeHarlz »

GASP, YOU'VE FOUND ME OUT
Woah! Quite an interesting tale, Wanderer! I hope you're actually doing some bonding with family members too while you're there! But that's awesome someone else from Texas actually got to go!
I actually started doing volunteer staff at the most recent IkkiCon and Anime Overload. You'll probably remember me from such line waiting volunteer rallying such as "Ask me about volunteering!" and "Mr. Public Relations behind a desk trying to get people to fill out surveys".
I don't cosplay regularly though, but I might at San Japan! But since I'm volunteering, that only very seldom.
Since you're there you better have gotten an art book! That's the entire of point of going to Anime Expo! [No it isn't but it'd still be cool if you got one]
You'd think you'd play Katawa Shoujo for a good amount of Katawa Shoujo before Katawa Shoujo keeps you from playing Katawa Shoujo because you're doing Katawa Shoujo in a different sense of Katawa Shoujo, but no!
50% completion and I'm already the Director of the Katawa Seiyu Project: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6818
Chariots Chariots
Wanderingheartache

LeHarlz wrote:GASP, YOU'VE FOUND ME OUT
Woah! Quite an interesting tale, Wanderer! I hope you're actually doing some bonding with family members too while you're there! But that's awesome someone else from Texas actually got to go!
I actually started doing volunteer staff at the most recent IkkiCon and Anime Overload. You'll probably remember me from such line waiting volunteer rallying such as "Ask me about volunteering!" and "Mr. Public Relations behind a desk trying to get people to fill out surveys".
I don't cosplay regularly though, but I might at San Japan! But since I'm volunteering, that only very seldom.
Since you're there you better have gotten an art book! That's the entire of point of going to Anime Expo! [No it isn't but it'd still be cool if you got one]

Ah, perhaps we have encountered each other but never known each other's faces... I do remember someone like that. I don't cosplay very much either because I never get costumes done on time. I got the artbooks and even some pins while I visited the KS tables... they are wonderful people and I wish I could have spent more time chatting without holding up lines and making people think I was creepy. I enjoyed my time at AX and it was really awesome to make the pilgrimage. My aunts have new hobbies because they were so interested in the otaku culture. n_n
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

LeHarlz

Post by LeHarlz »

Aunts into Otaku culture...?

Luckiest person in the thread, even if you got your art book signed, everyone else get out.
Chariots Chariots
Wanderingheartache

lol, yeah... they wondered what could have made me so happy every day I came back from the convention center. So I shared some anime with them, talked about cosplayers, and even told them about collecting figures and stuff. I think my brother and I gave them both a figure each from our collections to start theirs... n_n

Weee signed my book btw... she's so cute and cool!

lance_amateur07

Post by lance_amateur07 »

It's already October, and I'm still waiting for the digital release.
"Heavy as a f***ing rock. I'm so strong... UUUGGGHHH..." -ShamWow dub parody
nobodyyy

Post by nobodyyy »

lance_amateur07 wrote:It's already October, and I'm still waiting for the digital release.
Yeah, same here.
Btw, I wonder if devs have any KS artbooks leftovers; I would love to buy one online :c
lance_amateur07

Post by lance_amateur07 »

We're still waiting for the release of the artbook...
"Heavy as a f***ing rock. I'm so strong... UUUGGGHHH..." -ShamWow dub parody