Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Shoujo Q

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Shoujo Q » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:52 am

Image

The word "Katawa" is offensive in and of itself, therefore, by not removing the title from the game you cannot claim to have removed all objectionable content. 8)

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 5775
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Mirage_GSM » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:18 am

Which begs the question: Can the title be considered content?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Shoujo Q

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Shoujo Q » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Mirage_GSM wrote:Which begs the question: Can the title be considered content?
It's something that doesn't exist in a base Ren'Py installation (ie. it is generated by 4LS), so yes, I would say it is.

sonyslayer6
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by sonyslayer6 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:08 am

:cry: waaaaaaaah i wanted HD Katawa Shoujo for my new HD monitor.......I totaly fell for it :oops:

PokeHacker

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by PokeHacker » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 am

@sonyslayer6 You fell for it, really? I mean, it did say 'April Fool's' on the blog. I'm not trying to be mean, but, c'mon.
It was funny though, thumbs up FLS.

nobody

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by nobody » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:13 pm

PokeHacker wrote:@sonyslayer6 You fell for it, really? I mean, it did say 'April Fool's' on the blog. I'm not trying to be mean, but, c'mon.
It was funny though, thumbs up FLS.
It wasn't said from the beginning, you know :P

KJack

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by KJack » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Triscuitable wrote:Wait, does this mean that I could play the game in uprezzed 1080p if I incorporate the files from the original release in the "re-release"?
I'm trying that out so far it's not working, yet again I'm new going in depth in ren'py contents and I'm working with a mac

KJack

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by KJack » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:30 pm

KJack wrote:
Triscuitable wrote:Wait, does this mean that I could play the game in uprezzed 1080p if I incorporate the files from the original release in the "re-release"?
I'm trying that out so far it's not working, yet again I'm new going in depth in ren'py contents and I'm working with a mac
I also forgot to mention, copying all the files of game would make it into regular KS, and copying some of files would also do that or crash the game before launch

Inuyasha KJ
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Inuyasha KJ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:32 pm

KJack wrote:
KJack wrote:
Triscuitable wrote:Wait, does this mean that I could play the game in uprezzed 1080p if I incorporate the files from the original release in the "re-release"?
I'm trying that out so far it's not working, yet again I'm new going in depth in ren'py contents and I'm working with a mac
I also forgot to mention, copying all the files of game would make it into regular KS, and copying some of files would also do that or crash the game before launch
Last quote, I forgot I had an account and posted, also note to keep all the files together for it to work, taking out on of the files would not run it

Inuyasha KJ
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Inuyasha KJ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:33 pm

I'm hoping that the devs will eventually put out a real HD version down the line, also the people who are writing the 2011 April Fool's routes also know ren'py to add them in the game. Also simply putting the autorun folder from the orginal (mac) onto the HD version would only get you the pre-splash image before crashing

Lone

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Lone » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:10 am

First things first - well played joke, devs! ;)
All right, now I've been digging in those files that were with the HD version and found additional themes (common/_theme_[name]) and I'm curious if there's any way to install them to the basic version. Any hints? :)

Inuyasha KJ
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Inuyasha KJ » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:54 am

Lone wrote:First things first - well played joke, devs! ;)
All right, now I've been digging in those files that were with the HD version and found additional themes (common/_theme_[name]) and I'm curious if there's any way to install them to the basic version. Any hints? :)
I'm still looking into that, but putting in some of the files can change how the version operates so it's a start

Federbusch

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Federbusch » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:37 am

Inuyasha KJ wrote:
Lone wrote:First things first - well played joke, devs! ;)
All right, now I've been digging in those files that were with the HD version and found additional themes (common/_theme_[name]) and I'm curious if there's any way to install them to the basic version. Any hints? :)
I'm still looking into that, but putting in some of the files can change how the version operates so it's a start
Is anybody still working on it?

Lone

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Lone » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:53 am

Federbusch wrote:
Inuyasha KJ wrote:
Lone wrote:First things first - well played joke, devs! ;)
All right, now I've been digging in those files that were with the HD version and found additional themes (common/_theme_[name]) and I'm curious if there's any way to install them to the basic version. Any hints? :)
I'm still looking into that, but putting in some of the files can change how the version operates so it's a start
Is anybody still working on it?
Yeah, same question here.

zephiroth93
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by zephiroth93 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Federbusch wrote:
Inuyasha KJ wrote:
Lone wrote:First things first - well played joke, devs! ;)
All right, now I've been digging in those files that were with the HD version and found additional themes (common/_theme_[name]) and I'm curious if there's any way to install them to the basic version. Any hints? :)
I'm still looking into that, but putting in some of the files can change how the version operates so it's a start
Is anybody still working on it?
Yeah..i've been looking into the game's files also..and tried few things. Still doesn't work though (although I would already knew that..but still want to try though XD)
Pardon my grammar, or my vocabularies or sentence structure. I'm not good with English.

Human nature, they don't realize the value of something unless they lost it.

Post Reply