Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Shoujo Q

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Shoujo Q »

The word "Katawa" is offensive in and of itself, therefore, by not removing the title from the game you cannot claim to have removed all objectionable content. 8)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Which begs the question: Can the title be considered content?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Shoujo Q

Post by Shoujo Q »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Which begs the question: Can the title be considered content?
It's something that doesn't exist in a base Ren'Py installation (ie. it is generated by 4LS), so yes, I would say it is.
sonyslayer6

Post by sonyslayer6 »

:cry: waaaaaaaah i wanted HD Katawa Shoujo for my new HD monitor.......I totaly fell for it :oops:
PokeHacker

Post by PokeHacker »

@sonyslayer6 You fell for it, really? I mean, it did say 'April Fool's' on the blog. I'm not trying to be mean, but, c'mon.
It was funny though, thumbs up FLS.
nobody

Post by nobody »

PokeHacker wrote:@sonyslayer6 You fell for it, really? I mean, it did say 'April Fool's' on the blog. I'm not trying to be mean, but, c'mon.
It was funny though, thumbs up FLS.
It wasn't said from the beginning, you know :P
KJack

Post by KJack »

Triscuitable wrote:Wait, does this mean that I could play the game in uprezzed 1080p if I incorporate the files from the original release in the "re-release"?
I'm trying that out so far it's not working, yet again I'm new going in depth in ren'py contents and I'm working with a mac
KJack

Post by KJack »

KJack wrote:
Triscuitable wrote:Wait, does this mean that I could play the game in uprezzed 1080p if I incorporate the files from the original release in the "re-release"?
I'm trying that out so far it's not working, yet again I'm new going in depth in ren'py contents and I'm working with a mac
I also forgot to mention, copying all the files of game would make it into regular KS, and copying some of files would also do that or crash the game before launch
Inuyasha KJ

Post by Inuyasha KJ »

KJack wrote:
KJack wrote:
I also forgot to mention, copying all the files of game would make it into regular KS, and copying some of files would also do that or crash the game before launch
Last quote, I forgot I had an account and posted, also note to keep all the files together for it to work, taking out on of the files would not run it
Inuyasha KJ

Post by Inuyasha KJ »

I'm hoping that the devs will eventually put out a real HD version down the line, also the people who are writing the 2011 April Fool's routes also know ren'py to add them in the game. Also simply putting the autorun folder from the orginal (mac) onto the HD version would only get you the pre-splash image before crashing
Lone

Post by Lone »

First things first - well played joke, devs! ;)
All right, now I've been digging in those files that were with the HD version and found additional themes (common/_theme_[name]) and I'm curious if there's any way to install them to the basic version. Any hints? :)
Inuyasha KJ

Post by Inuyasha KJ »

Lone wrote:First things first - well played joke, devs! ;)
All right, now I've been digging in those files that were with the HD version and found additional themes (common/_theme_[name]) and I'm curious if there's any way to install them to the basic version. Any hints? :)
I'm still looking into that, but putting in some of the files can change how the version operates so it's a start
Federbusch

Post by Federbusch »

Inuyasha KJ wrote:
I'm still looking into that, but putting in some of the files can change how the version operates so it's a start
Is anybody still working on it?
Lone

Post by Lone »

Federbusch wrote:
Inuyasha KJ wrote:
Yeah, same question here.
zephiroth93

Post by zephiroth93 »

Federbusch wrote:
Inuyasha KJ wrote:
Yeah..i've been looking into the game's files also..and tried few things. Still doesn't work though (although I would already knew that..but still want to try though XD)
Pardon my grammar, or my vocabularies or sentence structure. I'm not good with English.

Human nature, they don't realize the value of something unless they lost it.