Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Kyde28

Re: Katawa Shoujo HD rerelease!

Post by Kyde28 »

britishinterwebs wrote:This is what happens for me, which I think is the *full* joke.
Game starts, HD 4LS video plays. Goes to menu screen with the usual song (only options enabled are start and quit). Click start and it fades to black and fades out audio. After a second or two, it fades back into the menu again.
Was hoping for something more elaborate. Ah well.
I'm getting the same problem, how do you fix this?
tsunami_state

Post by tsunami_state »

Well, thanks Devs! Had a good laugh after realization that I'm such a fool to buy on that.
At least there's no viruses... I hope :?
P.S. Specially for n00bs. Game won't start farther that a menu, because data archive (file where graphical & musical stuff) is EMPTY!
Hanako & Lilly - The Heartwreckers
Emi & Rin - The WTF takers
Shizune & Misha - The Sexy ones *woflwhistle*

Hanako = Lilly >= Emi >= Shizune
No Rin 'cuz didn't play her route yet o_O
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

Wait, does this mean that I could play the game in uprezzed 1080p if I incorporate the files from the original release in the "re-release"?

Post by Guest »

The above post needs testing from a kind anon
Izzy_t/r

Post by Izzy_t/r »

As Admiral Ackbar would say "It's A Trap!"
Shut up heart! Since when I ever listen to you anyways? .......HHNNNGGG!!!!
RavenRappy

Post by RavenRappy »

Guest wrote:Anyone else notice that the logo image filename is "lookdeeper.png"? Hinting something? Double trolling?

I don't believe in god, but excuse me while I spend the next few hours praying for this.
Mikunen-Nai

Post by Mikunen-Nai »

I just tried copying the files from the full game into the HD version and...

...it doesn't work.(The game crashes.)

Looks like it's just an April Fool's joke after all, guys.
NecroNexus

Post by NecroNexus »

I am sure others have stated it on here but if you think about the context of the joke, it was about removing all objectional content. Regerdless of what exisit out there someone is going to find it offensive (like people who wanted to cover up "David" cause it was offensive to see a statue of a naked man. It's not Michalengelo's fault that statues get you excited). So if we were to actually remove all objectional material in real life from things like books, movies, shows, games as well as the internet we would be left with nothing. The joke was used to illustrate this. I supposse it was also used as a dig at people who were against this game's inception. They thought it was made to appease those with certain fetishes as well as it would objectify those with dissabilities. Yet what those who oppossed this game failed to realize was that but condeming this game and it's creators, they were saying that people with disabilities aren't people who deserve love like the rest of us "normal" people. Still funny joke and way to keep up with the "holiday" even after your work on the game is done. I do hope you guys make something else. You all seem to have talent at this... even if it seems you do want to kill each other from time to time.
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

NecroNexus wrote:I am sure others have stated it on here but if you think about the context of the joke, it was about removing all objectional content. Regerdless of what exisit out there someone is going to find it offensive (like people who wanted to cover up "David" cause it was offensive to see a statue of a naked man. It's not Michalengelo's fault that statues get you excited). So if we were to actually remove all objectional material in real life from things like books, movies, shows, games as well as the internet we would be left with nothing. The joke was used to illustrate this. I supposse it was also used as a dig at people who were against this game's inception. They thought it was made to appease those with certain fetishes as well as it would objectify those with dissabilities. Yet what those who oppossed this game failed to realize was that but condeming this game and it's creators, they were saying that people with disabilities aren't people who deserve love like the rest of us "normal" people. Still funny joke and way to keep up with the "holiday" even after your work on the game is done. I do hope you guys make something else. You all seem to have talent at this... even if it seems you do want to kill each other from time to time.
We know this. Now we're just trying to get the .exe to work with the original game so we can play it in uprezzed 1920x1080.
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Nice one, shame I missed it.

Though I fear that this may be 4LS's last April Fools Joke. But, you might as well go out with a bang.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 »

So I haven't been playing Katawa Shoujo for that long and I haven't visited the website or forums or anything since I downloaded the game. I also don't know much about computers (though I spend a lot of time on it, guess I should start learning, eh?) so I don't know really what people are talking about with the files and such. But I've been wondering, why are people saying they can play as Lilly? I realize this re-release is supposed to be a joke, but can someone clarify it for me please? 'Cause I just don't quite get it..
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Anonymous2 wrote:But I've been wondering, why are people saying they can play as Lilly? I realize this re-release is supposed to be a joke, but can someone clarify it for me please? 'Cause I just don't quite get it..
Lilly is blind, so she "sees" nothing. The new "rerelease" is the same, as the pure black screen doesn't offer anything visually.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
soldier of darkness

Post by soldier of darkness »

i have the version from a few months ago is this any different? and what did thy take out of the game?. i here its just a joke but idk
lance_amateur07

Post by lance_amateur07 »

Um... How do I at least pass the logo sequence? Mine crashes at the logo sequence.

Edit: I got out of the crashing part on the logo sequence. However, I've got to experiment on the old KS files to make it run at what we call "HD", but I'm just a noob on these kind of things. I'll be glad to share if got "miracles." But I doubt it, since it's purpose is a joke. It's like finding a dead god with science.
"Heavy as a f***ing rock. I'm so strong... UUUGGGHHH..." -ShamWow dub parody
Guestdude

Post by Guestdude »

I am clapping. Very slowly. 8)

Good show, KSdevs. Very good show indeed :lol: