Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack Up for Download

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
undead

Re: Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack Up for Download

Post by undead »

Yes! I didn't think the Soundtrack would be released this soon.
Oh, and I guess it'd be safe to assume that Kenji's mysterious package ultimately contained an Enigmatic Box of Sound? Cool.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

Where does the one titled "Focus" appear in the game? Or is that some sort of bonus track?
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

Focus is from the launch trailer, titled Focus.

Thank you for including the FMV music!
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

OMFG *orgasmbrainexplosion* xP
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Bara

Post by Bara »

Very big Thanks to you folks for putting out the soundtracks!

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Rukaroa

Post by Rukaroa »

Falkentyne wrote: It could be a downloading problem on my end, but "Jitter" (the tune from Hanako's FMV) seems to end a little early compared to the in-game version - it cuts my favorite part of that track out. :(
Seconding this. The others sound fine.
Lilly>=Hanako>Rin>Shizune/Misha>Emi
Sudo

Post by Sudo »

First time i've ever downloaded and listened to music from a game. Very glad I gave it a try. Wish you guys had a donate button, but then I guess there might be less love from the fans. I'll be donating to a local charity. Never heard about this game until a month before it came out, but it really did effect me. That comparison to MLP in another news thread was insulting though.

Blind girl is best girl
rikimtasu

Post by rikimtasu »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:It's the only reason I can think of why delta is so against a wang version.
There can't be a lossless version because I never made lossless versions, and I lost the project files so I can't ever make lossless versions. Personally I don't care much about things like bitrate, but I understand some people do. You're welcome to complain about the bitrate of my free soundtrack that I worked on for five years for you, but please have the courtesy to do it elsewhere.
That a bad news to hear...but at least we still have this version to keep listening to.
Thanks again for your great work.I love it so much!
MrNinjoe

Post by MrNinjoe »

I know I am just another one of the fans out there who are enjoying this visual novel, the result of 5 years of dedicated work from a bunch of awesome people.
I love the music in the stories. Touching, subtle yet powerful.
I'm not sure if this comment will even be read by one of the makers but I want to say what others have said millions of times.

Thank you.

There are lots of things I want to say, but here, Nicol, I think you and the others did an amazing job on the music and I hope you can smile at the fact that thousands and tens of thousands of people out all around the world will agree with me as the music ring loud and clear through their speakers and headphones as the magnificently crafted texts rolled across the beautifully drawn pictures.

I have spent many hours reading KS, not a single minute was regretted.
Andronicus

Post by Andronicus »

Thanks for uploading the soundtrack guys. I started listening to Aria de l'Etoile and had to stop as I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I'll try again later when noone else is in the room.

Props go to Nicol. Truly an awesome piece of work.
amcsi

Post by amcsi »

I remember in one of the Katawa Shoujo blog posts you said that you won't release the soundtrack at all. So this is a pleasant surprise :)

By the way I agree with the Linux guy. Since this game is also for people running Linux, it would be nicer to release all songs in .ogg format, because mp3 is proprietary.
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

The most popular desktop distribution of Linux is Ubuntu. The Ubuntu repositories have support for MP3. So what's the problem? MP3s can be played on pretty much any Linux distribution.

Release them as OGGs and you bone the entire mobile media market.
amcsi

Post by amcsi »

That is true I guess. And it's not like this music is being released together with the game so I guess this really is a matter of decision whether you support the more popular format or the open format.
Gerbil X

Post by Gerbil X »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEeeESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thank you so much for making this available! The music was so moving. Sometimes I just open the game up to have the intro song play in the background while I'm doing other things. (>")>
uwa

Post by uwa »

I just wanted to add my useless little post to the compliments for the soundtrack. I usually don't notice soundtracks much, especially in games (or whatever KS is), but this soundtrack is... really, really good (I kept trying to think of a better way to put it but they all sounded kind of silly). You can fire up Wisona, or Romance in Andante, or Cold Iron and hear how good the whole game is, in one song.

Also a little thumbs-up to whoever put in the word filter :lol:.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly