Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack Up for Download

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Juno

Re: Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack Up for Download

Post by Juno »

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:*locks himself in Hanako's room, never to be seen again*
We will not be so lucky.
Also, editing your next to last message to remove the worst of it was a very smooth move.
dragonfi

Post by dragonfi »

delta wrote:
Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:[Insane, inarticulate ramblings and empty demands]
I don't fucking care what morons like you want.
Guest wrote:Touché
This in itself worths the effort of developing a free game.

(And there are many more I'm sure.)

Just a note on future-proofing: You can freely "upscale" to a lossless format like FLAC without any further losses.
Actually, just out of curiosity, what is the internal format that the game uses? (My educated guess would be ogg or mp3. Ren'py also supports wav, but wav is generally a bit bulky.)

Thank you for the upload, it came sooner than I expected. The OST will find it's well-deserved place in my study music collection.
Game and VN music tend to be good at this, since those have to set a mood, evoke feelings, yet have to remain subtle enough not to be a distraction.

In my opinion the game's music fullfilled it's role really well. It really shows all the work that was put into it.

There were some nice musical moments in the game for me, and I probably can't give the more subtle ones enough credit, becasue they were subtle enough not to notice, yet providing a perfect backdrop for the scene.

For instance, being a fan of jazzy tunes, it was a nice treat for me when I first heard Red Velvet during Hanako's path. Even the more so, because it starts out faded into the background noise, as the protagonists approach the jazz club.
Demonhornz

Post by Demonhornz »

Thank you. Very much.

last.fm

Post by Guest »

How about uploading these to last.fm? Or adding info at least.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Juno wrote:We will not be so lucky.
You will.
Muzzius

Post by Muzzius »

This is great, i've been waiting for the soundtrack ever since I played the game :D .
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

Thanks to Nicol, Blue, Juno, CplCrud, delta, OverCoat,and anyone else who may have contributed towards the creation of these superb melodies.

Thanks to the 4LS team members responsible for packaging the music for us and generously hosting it on their own server space.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Sure is relevant XKCD in here.

Thanks for the soundtrack, Nicol, much enjoyed.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

I'm terrified people will now have an audio weapon at their disposal to make me shrivel up and cry :P

But seriously, props to the team :)
Thanks so much for everything!
IloveLily(gr)

Post by IloveLily(gr) »

Thank you really much guys! You have done incredible work regarding Katawa SHoujo's scores! It could even rival the script at some points!
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!
Hi from greece!
The world is a beatiful place but to enjoy it to its fullest you need to have a large heart, the strength to move on and forgive and people by your side, who you love and they love you too!-just me, the little fool ~~~<3
lblf

Post by lblf »

Meh I finally decided to make an account.

Have been waiting for this. The music is wonderful. Brings back memories :). Thanks 4LS, specifically to the song writers, brilliant work considering this isn't even really the type of music I usually listen to, and I love it.
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

The writing, the script was ultimately well done.
And so was the music, the music can touch my heart and combining with the story you guys wrote, that was fantastic, touching.
The music was so great, one of the best I've ever heard.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:It's the only reason I can think of why delta is so against a FLAC version.
There can't be a lossless version because I never made lossless versions, and I lost the project files so I can't ever make lossless versions. Personally I don't care much about things like bitrate, but I understand some people do. You're welcome to complain about the bitrate of my free soundtrack that I worked on for five years for you, but please have the courtesy to do it elsewhere.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:It's the only reason I can think of why delta is so against a FLAC version.
There can't be a lossless version because I never made lossless versions, and I lost the project files so I can't ever make lossless versions. Personally I don't care much about things like bitrate, but I understand some people do. You're welcome to complain about the bitrate of my free soundtrack that I worked on for five years for you, but please have the courtesy to do it elsewhere.
Given that he's banned, I don't think he'd be doing it here.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I'm not going to complain. I don't have the ear to tell the difference anyway. Okay, I can, it just doesn't matter enough to me. I'm sure I scandalize many an audiophile by only listening to my CDs in the mp3 format they convert to on my computer.

But it's a hell of a lot easier to port around one laptop than it is to lug *checks iTunes library* 2322 albums. And that number doesn't take into account albums of more than one disk.

You did a great job, Nicol. Be proud of the work and don't let a few malcontents ruin the experience for you.

How could NM64 forget this forum was a dictatorship?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing