A Week of Memories part 7: Graduation

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Mikiway

Re: A Week of Memories part 7: Graduation

Post by Mikiway »

Applause, that's the first word that comes in mind after reading "A Week of Memories: Graduation"

Me and other players might be there too, in the public, looking at you while Shizune is holding the speech.
Katawa Shoujo was my first Visual Novel and I want to express my thank you for everything, the emotion you vehicle through your words and the stories you wrote were worth the time you spent polishing this jewel... Katawa Shoujo really is a great game. I am really touched and I love each girl I've "met" so far. Rin's story, maybe my favorite, made me sad and a bit depressive despite the good end but I'm glad to know her. And as I don't find more words to express my feelings I will thank you one last time:

Thank you (Aura... and everyone who helped), I love the way you write.
Thank you (Insert names here), your stories are touching.
Thank you (Raita) your inspiration brought disabled people to shine under a different light

Thank you and Omedetou.
Mikiway.

One more word: I saw someone on the forum offer help...

Well what comes in my mind right now is that Katawa Shoujo should be translated in more languages. I have to finish the game first (finished Emi and Rin's path, actually playing Hanako) but if you plan on translating the game in French, please let me know. I'll gladly help.
Kindred

Post by Kindred »

I downloaded KS a pair of weeks ago to see what's it's about after seeing it mentioned here and there. My initial expectation was to download,
install, see some WTF moment and close the "cripple dating sim", but unexpectedly the story got me hooked.
Reading the thoughts that Hisao had, the choices he did made me reflect on my own experience in dealing with people and the choices and steps i made, or didn't.
And characters i really started to care about.
The whole experience could be summed as a catharsis, a mix of sadness and joy, and after the story being finished i cannot help but feel like i'm parting with something surprisingly dear to me.

Thank you, 4LS team. You have created something truly beautiful.
altm1

Post by altm1 »

Dear 4LS-Team,

thank you!<33

I already said it but, i totally enjoyed the game and will re-play it, it´s just too good. (..if i ever have the opportunity to have kids,(and their old enough) i will share the game and the expierince i had!)
..also the game kinda moved me, like you shouldn´t judge a book by it´s cover, how to treat people and many other things i can´t describe.

*sigh* It´s sad, but thank you very much dev-Team for this MASTERpiece of absolute Awesomeness and.. i hope to see some of ya in other projects(maybe?).
XxSaberxX

Post by XxSaberxX »

No. THANK YOU, 4LS, for making such an incredible game. It would not be possible if it weren't for your creativity and perseverance.
Despoiler

Post by Despoiler »

I would like to give my thanks to everyone who helped shape KS into the game it is. I have wasted quite a few days playing the game now and I've yet to finish all story arcs. So my own graduation will have to wait.

Having been a longtime lurker (probably since 2008-2009) I have waited a long time for the day I would get to experience your collaborative effort that is Katawa Shoujo. I have not played that many visual novels, but this one is by far The Best. It was a long time since I was so emotionally invested and immersed into a game(or book/movie for that matter)!

So thank you 4LS!
I wish you the best of luck in the future, you all certainly deserve it!

And here's to hoping I see another game from you guys sometime.

- Sincerely, Despoiler.
jai_zero

Post by jai_zero »

I find it truly a bitter-sweet experience, playing the whole game.

Hanako's arc is my favorite, definitely the one that really grabbed my heart (so much that I have her last scene giving Hisao a kiss in public as my wall paper, and replaying it over and over again).

I hope that there will be a Katawa Shoujo 2, or some sort of continuity.. The feelings derived from the game are just that addictive, in my experience!
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

is it ok to cry at graduations? even though i'm not related to you at all?
X is scientifically proven to Y.
Arivien

Post by Arivien »

This really makes me wanna cry.

I downloaded this game a few weeks ago, and it pretty much changed my life.
Seeing the stories of all these characters, I feel like I'm living through these experiences with them.
And they have been amazing experiences. Learning about the characters, becoming close to them, sharing their hardships, feeling like the main character - that's what makes a good VN.
And this is a VERY good VN.

Hopefully you guys at 4LS will get together sometime and make another.
Thanks for releasing Katawa Shoujo, guys.
I wish you the best in all your future endeavors, whether they be together or alone.
Hanako>Lilly=Rin>>>>Emi>Shizune.

Akira = Miki > Kenji > Yuuko > Hideaki > Everyone Else >>>>>>>>> Jigoro.
Bee

Post by Bee »

I don't think anyone could have forseen the amount of parts in this game that truly touches the very soul and foundation of a human being...
After going trough all the stages (in this order) Emi,Lilly,Hanako,Shizune,Rin. I can just re-assure you that at least I'AM touched and in many ways moved by what you guys have done here.

The way you put each of these characters in a light they deserve disregarding their functional abilities is astonishing.
I think many people will re-think their position about taking things for granted in life after they've truly given this novel a chance.

This was my first VN ever and probably the last. I know that every other VN will make me dissapointed after giving this my full attention.

Awsome guys, sincerely. /Andreas from Sweden

ps. I was crushed after Lilly's neutral ending and glad I found the other ending of this path. I had an incredibly surreal feeling and cried for nearly 2 hours without even really knowing why (ye I'm an emotional male :D). .ds
MrDogsniper

Post by MrDogsniper »

Thank you so much for the story it really has inspired me to think of my life, man im lonely :/
DeleV

Post by DeleV »

I was unaware of everything for most of the development time, but looking back at the blog and forums I must say that you have handled the community very well. Closed development is the way to go for these kinds of things, but to keep a community together without content is difficult. I don't know if it was by design, but you seem to have managed a good balance and provided interesting events to keep people interested. Good job!
Mxcnboy

Post by Mxcnboy »

me gusto mucho esta novela grafica...les quedo chingona.. gracias <(n_n)<
Cole

Post by Cole »

Thank you 4leaf you made a game that made me feel for the characters better than anything else. I wish the best for you all and i hope that the story ends here. keep moving forward, with Gusto!
~Cole
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

Thank you for 4 Leafs studios for making this awesome and beautiful Visual Novel ever. Hope you guys dont stop make another good VN because i am gonna miss KS. Already 100 % and i keeping repeated the story because i enjoy this storyline. Hope theres another sequel......
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
stateside

Post by stateside »

as someone who is a disability person and still managed to go through high school and college this game did touch me