A Week of Memories part 3: 2009-2012

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Griffinhart

Re: A Week of Memories: 2009-2012

Post by Griffinhart »

I've been following this project for a full quarter of my life.

Thanks, Four Leaf Studios. The wait was worth it.

-- Griffinhart

PS. Any word about the soundtrack release?
Elbowlick

Post by Elbowlick »

Made an account just for this.
Thanks for making KS. It's not just a great game -- it's the instructive quality of the project itself which makes it so valuable to the VN community. I hope future posts will delve deeper into the process and let future VN creators (and curious readers) in on more of the lessons the KS Team members have learned.
Pata Hikari

Post by Pata Hikari »

I'm glad that everyone got surprised.

Us, for such a good and pleasant game. And you guys, for seeing so many people love what you've spent so long working on.
Nivrin

Re: A Week of Memories part 3: 2009-2012

Post by Nivrin »

Late to the party but I don't care. I'm so glad Kotaku has this featured. I'm glad I got to experience KS, even late as I was.

I would hug 4LS over the internet but the internet has no arms for me to hug with.

I will continue to lurk on the forums until you guys think of what to do next, if at all.

All of my love <3
The sky changes every day but it always stays the same. Humans don't have that luxury.

Haphazardly butchered together from the immortal words of Rin.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Nivrin wrote:Late to the party but I don't care. I'm so glad Kotaku has this featured. I'm glad I got to experience KS, even late as I was.

I would hug 4LS over the internet but the internet has no arms for me to hug with.

I will continue to lurk on the forums until you guys think of what to do next, if at all.

All of my love <3
Im gonna lurk here for as long as the site stays running, <3 KS and 4LS
trekki859

Post by trekki859 »

yet again you guys leave me in awe, the sheer perseverance, for something you would never get paid for, is quite amazing. but i have to wonder, as you guys keep reiterating it, is 4LS done as in dead? if not do you have any idea of the kind of things you wish to do in the future?
in the wise words of Jack O'neill ..."what?"
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

Another piece of information on how great this project was, and how much impact it has caused...
5 years, then 5 years later we'll be looking back at this project, we will smile and be happy because it was so great.
And who knows? 5 years later... the game could still be played.
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

I've been following KS for 2 and a half years and it was more than worth the wait. In a way, I'm extremely sad that it all ends here and there is nothing left. The project is complete. It is awesome that it got to this point and I am beyond happy with the results...but I can't help but feel a little depressed now that it's over.
Shizune: [Why does he get to see your room and I can't? Is it a guy thing?]
Hisao: It's not a secret club being a guy.
Kenji: It should be. With rings. Rings with big ass emblems. And gold!
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

Thank you for the closure and thank you for your time.
It is very much appreciated.
"[...] it's just a ride."
rook

Post by rook »

Words cannot express the level of awesomeness.

Thank you, 4LS.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Thanks for the honourable mention ;-)
This might be a good place to share my personal KS-story, so here goes:

I don't remember exactly when I first noticed KS, but it can't have been very long after the release of the demo. I was immediately interested in doing the translation, but back then it looked like the German team was all set and didn't need any additions, so I just bookmarked the page and returned to check on the blog every few weeks.
Time passed until June 2010 when Delta posted this on the blog, and I noticed the conspicious absence of any referrence to a German translation.
I contacted Delta who referred me to Fink, and I learned that the original translation team had completely dissolved and Fink was at the time the sole member of the team.
The translation at that point was about 10% done, but the quality of what little there was caused us to redo most of it from scratch instead of trying to fix it.
So we got to work. After some time a third member showed up, contributed a couple of scenes and drifted away again. A team of two meant much work for each of us, but luckily we found that we worked well together. (The only major disagreement we had was about the translation of Lilly's "My my" :) )
I the end we just managed to get the translation ready for the release of Act 1 Ver.5 in early 2011.
After that there wasn't much to do, so I turned to writing a few Fanfictions, until Suriko invited me to join the beta in the beginning of December. Things got pretty hectic at that point, but I won't go into the details here - not that there would be much to spoil, but I'm not sure what Aura has planned for the rest of the week ;-)
Right now we're preparing for the start of the full translation, so... still pretty busy.

All said, I'm probably one of the latest additions to the team, but if 4LS ever decide to create something new, KS-related or not (e.g. the historical piece Suriko mentioned), I'll be glad to help translating that as well.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

ultrarare wrote:I've been following KS for 2 and a half years and it was more than worth the wait. In a way, I'm extremely sad that it all ends here and there is nothing left. The project is complete. It is awesome that it got to this point and I am beyond happy with the results...but I can't help but feel a little depressed now that it's over.
I know exactly how you feel, It's been such a journey, It's sad that it's over yeah, but we can go back to KS as many times as we want, and the websites are still gonna be around, KS won't be forgotten, Not by me and im pretty sure most of the fanbase will remember it fondly for a very long time. Such a fantastic experience, <3 KS and 4LS
IBlameRoadSuess

Re: One Week of Memories: 2009-2012

Post by IBlameRoadSuess »

Jintor wrote:Manly tears.
Not even manly tears; loud, noisy, girly man tears.
Fav Characters: Hanako > Lilly > Akira> Shizoon > Miki > Rin > Emi
Fav Character paths: Lilly = Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizoon

I feel bad for Hanako cuz it seems that she's better off by the end of the game when you pick Lilly's route as opposed to her own.
Akira X Hanako shipper :3
Misfile17

Re: One Week of Memories: 2009-2012

Post by Misfile17 »

IBlameRoadSuess wrote:
Jintor wrote:Manly tears.
Not even manly tears; loud, noisy, girly man tears.
And lots of them, every time I play through KS :3
cemex

Post by cemex »

Later that summer, crud and Suriko did a panel on KS in the Australian anime convention Manifest. It was pretty exciting, the first (and to date, the only) time any of us have done anything like that.
Best. Panel. Ever.

Anyway, I'm sorry that I didn't do this earlier but thank you devs for putting in the effort to present the panel. Was the highlight of an otherwise stressful weekend

Get chance and luck