A Week of Memories part 3: 2009-2012

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.

Re: A Week of Memories part 3: 2009-2012

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the hard work you've all done!
though I only notice this last year... :P
Nagatoyuuki

Post by Nagatoyuuki »

Truly inspiring.
. . .
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

First post of my profile - thank you for creating such a well-written and heartwarming VN! Coming from a background of arts with some experience with net and chain projects I know how difficult it is to continue working consistently in unpaid projects like this but you pulled it off and from what you have shared us, it's a near miracle.

Bless you All!

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
maleficca

Post by maleficca »

Just writing here to thank you for the amazing game you let us experience. At this moment, I've got things like Skyrim, L.A. Noire and Darksiders installed on my PC, but for the past week they meant simply nothing to the KS which I played intensively as soon as I got in front of my PC, even though I generally dislike visual novels (Though I'm a big manga fan). It really has something special in it, the story's touching and the art is amazingly good. A job well done!
Bungo

Post by Bungo »

My first and probably last post. I just have to say:

ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º °¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ Thank ¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ ~~~~you!! ~~~~``°º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„

Katawa Shoujo is really something special.
Anonymous Coward

Post by Anonymous Coward »

Devs, no need to thank us - thank you. I'm only partway through, but so far it's a phenomenal experience.
When I finished reading Aura's article, the finality really hit home. The future feels weird; I can't imagine how it must be for the devs.
gunlocksp

Post by gunlocksp »

To tell the truth, I only found out about the game's release on sankakucomplex. I want to thank you so much for all the hard work you guys. I cannot imagine the amount of sweat and blood that has been shed to complete this game. XD
WAHa.06x36

Post by WAHa.06x36 »

That original writeup contains one error: It was not one guy who "translated and coloured" the original page. I know, because I translated it and I sure didn't colour anything.

It was probably originally posted on January 2, 2006.
WAHa.06x36

Post by WAHa.06x36 »

(Also the original colouring is of the untranslated page, somebody else probably combined the two later.)
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

WAHa.06x36 wrote:That original writeup contains one error: It was not one guy who "translated and coloured" the original page. I know, because I translated it and I sure didn't colour anything.

It was probably originally posted on January 2, 2006.
"Who was that masked man?"

"I don't know, but I wanted to thank him."
Eadwacer

Post by Eadwacer »

Just finished reading your two part history of the project, and it was striking how much it resembled other team-style projects, like software development. The big difference is that you didn't have an external deadline, and you didn't have a customer constantly making changes (but you manfully stepped up and filled that gap yourselves). You did manage to rediscover what Fred Brooks wrote about in Mythical Man Month -- at some point, putting more people on a project only delays completion.

A very well done VN. A powerful topic. An amazing project.

Congratulations, and thanks.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

I don't think that it would be an exaggeration to say that to a certain extent, KS changed my life.

Not just because of the story, or because of the characters: because of what it was. Everything that it was: a project, a community, an idea, a journey.

This is far more than I can say for almost any other work of art I've ever experienced- movies, books, games, paintings: from historical masterpieces to last year's best sellers.

Thank you for creating such a beautiful thing, and thank you for letting me be a witness to it.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
monero

Post by monero »

Well, I must admit this game changed something inside me.

I just played it the last mont and, even I'm an assidious reader for all kind of books and stories, KS is right now in my heart as one of the most beautiful experiences in my reader life.

I just have recomended it to so many of my familiars and frieds, because is too good.

In fact, KS have some problems, but, it's because it's a human history. The origin, conception and birth of the game is very more human than other works.

I can say all the game is made with love and this love you can feel it all the time.

I have no words to thanks you enough, to all the KS dev members along the 5 years of hard work. It's very inspiring the history behind the game and the game by itself it's a mirror of all this human participation. Thank you very much for such great experience. I'm pretty sure this game will prevail for the future.