A Week of Memories part 2: Mike

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

A Week of Memories part 2: Mike

Post by Aura »

Mike is a pretty cool guy, he does animations and doesn't afraid of anything

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... -inel.html
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Sperance

Re: A Week of Memories part 2: Mike

Post by Sperance »

Well, I only want to congratulate Mike. The animations were amazing and I'm even more impressed now that I learned he did them almost by himself in addition to the act title cards. I take off my hat.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Didn't Mike also do all the good-end credit video of each girl's art evolution?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

No. Delta made those (and the title card videos, Mike just did the artwork), and he is also the video editor for all of Mike's animations.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
nabaal

Post by nabaal »

That’s an impressive amount of work put out by a single person. Mike, my hat goes off to you, for your stunning contribution to KW in both quality and quantity.
The sheer amount of willpower to be able to do all that work on your own speaks greatly of your self-control and dedication in this project. I hope you are proud of your work, because you should be. It turned out splendid.
I hope new interesting opportunities opens for you in the future, you deserve it.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Mike edited most of the openings himself, I just refined them in a few places (apart from the opening, but that's just a shot-for-shot reconstruction of the old one anyway).
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

I remember the first time I loaded up KS and thought "there's something different." It had been a long while since I played Act 1, but my brain could tell something was off about the opening sequence. Wanting to get to the parts I hadn't read before so I got impatient and started skipping my way through Shizune's act one. But then I saw it. My face lit up and I squealed like a bitch. ANIMATION! I thought. MIKE INEL! I also thought afterwards. I was like a kid on Christmas morning. A thank you goes out to Mike from me for all your hard work. It truly paid off.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Oh yeah, also don't forget to mention that Nicol did an ace job with scoring them.
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

Your surprise worked a treat. Blew my socks off when this little animation started after I got to Act 2 on the Emi path. What a wonderful surprise :)
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Like the rest of KS the animation was superb, very well done and captured the feel of the characters perfectly, Major props to Mike and the rest of the Dev team for all their hard work.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

delta wrote:Oh yeah, also don't forget to mention that Nicol did an ace job with scoring them.
Yes, Hanako's anime track is really fitting.

I really like the way your end credit art evolution videos help tie the whole scope of making KS together, Delta. A perfect post-good-ending.

It took me long enough to find out they were there since I kept skipping the end credits to keep playing...
Nagatoyuuki

Post by Nagatoyuuki »

The animations were a rather pleasant surprise I feel. It's nice to know that the production process was as fitting as they themselves were in the game.

But I also feel that the animation themes were also awesome. Good job Nicol
. . .
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

yeah, I was totally shocked when I saw the animation for the first time (for the girl's path, not the opening, 'cause that was on the release date vid). had no idea that was going to happen and was amazed. :mrgreen: I love Mike Inel's stuff, I still use the three-image picture he did of all six girls as my wallpaper sometimes. the animation was absolutely awesome, though, kudos to him for, like, forever. :lol:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Pata Hikari

Post by Pata Hikari »

So that's the story behind the animated cutscenes.

Wow Mike, you are as crazy as the rest of the devs, volunteering for this and all. :P
yay

Post by yay »

i was really pleasently surprised when suddenly an OP started rolling after act1.
certainly didn't expect that, and they're all so well done

great job there