Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
griffon8

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by griffon8 »

Just under 17 hours until midnight Eastern Standard Time.

Now I'm annoyed that I don't have physical therapy tomorrow, because that means that I'll be doing all my exercise in the morning, which will delay my playing of the game. :?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
anonanonanon

Post by anonanonanon »

Hmm, haven't checked the 4LS blog in a while, let's see how they're doingHOLY SHIT MAN!

Wow, massive congratulations to you guys. Actually completing a project that was started by strangers coming together on a web forum is amazing. The amount of determination you guys must have is pretty great. I'm really hoping that you've all got something out of this that you can continue to use in your lives. Hell, maybe some of you even want to stick together and keep 4 Leaf Studios going. I know that I, for one, would be megas interested in seeing you guys do something new, especially if it was a commercial project.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but if Katawa Shoujo is well received, you could even consider doing an alpha-funding type project, like minecraft. That is, let people purchase the game early for a steep discount, and give the early purchasers some sort of demo/preview of the upcoming game. Obviously it'd have to be done pretty differently, since this is such a different type of game, but you might be able to figure SOMETHING out. ;) Desura (think Steam, but smaller-scale) has started up a pretty successful Alpha-Funding project, with a whole section of their store just for games like that. They'd be a good contact if any of you are interested, I bet. (http://www.desura.com/groups/desura/new ... ndie-games - summary, http://www.desura.com/contact?subject=Alphafund+me - contact)

Meanwhile, of course, I can't way to try out this game. Ummm... I'm trying to think of more specific things to say, but I really just can't wait to see this story!

Post by Guest »

anonanonanon wrote:Hmm, haven't checked the 4LS blog in a while, let's see how they're doingHOLY SHIT MAN!

Wow, massive congratulations to you guys. Actually completing a project that was started by strangers coming together on a web forum is amazing. The amount of determination you guys must have is pretty great. I'm really hoping that you've all got something out of this that you can continue to use in your lives. Hell, maybe some of you even want to stick together and keep 4 Leaf Studios going. I know that I, for one, would be megas interested in seeing you guys do something new, especially if it was a commercial project.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but if Katawa Shoujo is well received, you could even consider doing an alpha-funding type project, like minecraft. That is, let people purchase the game early for a steep discount, and give the early purchasers some sort of demo/preview of the upcoming game. Obviously it'd have to be done pretty differently, since this is such a different type of game, but you might be able to figure SOMETHING out. ;) Desura (think Steam, but smaller-scale) has started up a pretty successful Alpha-Funding project, with a whole section of their store just for games like that. They'd be a good contact if any of you are interested, I bet. (http://www.desura.com/groups/desura/new ... ndie-games - summary, http://www.desura.com/contact?subject=Alphafund+me - contact)

Meanwhile, of course, I can't way to try out this game. Ummm... I'm trying to think of more specific things to say, but I really just can't wait to see this story!
nooo, because trolls will come out and spam the heck out of spoilers. I can somehow wait less then a day more.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

X_Bacon wrote:
tony246 wrote:You know, if this turns out to be some elaborate trolling prank, I will first be highly amused...then furious...then I will try to contain my laughter because it would actually be pretty funny in a sadistic sort of way...then my mind will break...then I will explode in anger.

Hm, yep, just in case this is some sort of prank. Now I'm ready.
I thought about that too, but then I concluded it'd be too devilish, even for the devs. Although It kinda makes me want to see what would happen, surely the amount of rage around here would be unprecedent.

...Not giving you ideas guys, please continue with your current schedule.
If the Devs did do that, they'd be the greatest trolls since that one Yamaku Man thread. I'd probably be laughing so hard at first, but then I'd probably cry for a while.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
dramatic_dutchman

Post by dramatic_dutchman »

the sad part is i will most likely have to wait till the 5th thnx to the time difference
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :| :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm surrounded by idiots
Vodkaholic

Post by Vodkaholic »

Hey, Will this be usa time zone ?

btw gz on finishing it :)
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Vodkaholic wrote:Hey, Will this be usa time zone ?
lol USA time zone.
EST, New York Time. Here, have a countdown
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/ful ... c=0&p0=179
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
ChuChuRei

Post by ChuChuRei »

LESS THAN TWELVE HOURS. So glad I have rehearsal later to pass the time before I ready my body for awesomeness. Good thing I don't start class again until the tenth.

Alas, this is truly fantastic. I remember playing the demo version and thinking "wow, this would be such a great VN/galgame/whatever you want to call it." Then, a couple short weeks ago, my friend posted the link to this blog post, and I marked the date on my brand new wall calendar. <3 I can't wait to see Lilly's path! <3 Congratulations to making an idea a complete and wonderfully executed reality!
TrueSorrow

Post by TrueSorrow »

I can't believe it will be out tomorrow I have been following katawa shoujo for a little over a year but since I never used my forum account it was gone so I made a new one just to post this. Even though I'm still in school atm. Thank you devs for giving this to us. -TrueSorrow 8)
WD

Post by WD »

Hi, been following this project for just over 3 years

Thanks so much for all your time

(Altho I've been counting down the days, I've realised that it's actually realeased at 5am for me- and I have an early start in the morning for work... damn:L )
AgentPenn

Post by AgentPenn »

It's countdown time! I can honestly say I haven't been this excited for the release of a game since Starcraft II. Thank you very much devs for everything. :D
Jaksio

Post by Jaksio »

We can all see that this forum is really crowded lately. The excitement influence everyone.
Leon6991

Post by Leon6991 »

Jaksio wrote:We can all see that this forum is really crowded lately. The excitement influence everyone.
Yeah, I know right... come on day, be over already!
axlsmiu

Post by axlsmiu »

jan 4 is my birthday

:D :D :D

great present for me