Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
User avatar
griffon8
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Southeast Michigan, USA

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by griffon8 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:11 pm

Misterbadguy wrote:I'm hoping that it's up by the time I'm home from work that day (roughly 7pm GMT), as then I can spend a little while seeding the torrent (providing my ISP doesn't throttle the living hell out of it) whilst I play. I've not torrented anything for literally years, but I believe that aiding distribution of this is a good cause.
Ugh. I never use torrents. It always makes me think of my computer having unprotected sex with a couple hundred other computers at once.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing

Hershey's Chocolate

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Hershey's Chocolate » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:02 pm

griffon8 wrote:
Misterbadguy wrote:I'm hoping that it's up by the time I'm home from work that day (roughly 7pm GMT), as then I can spend a little while seeding the torrent (providing my ISP doesn't throttle the living hell out of it) whilst I play. I've not torrented anything for literally years, but I believe that aiding distribution of this is a good cause.
Ugh. I never use torrents. It always makes me think of my computer having unprotected sex with a couple hundred other computers at once.
DAYUM! Sounds like you computer needs to get laid.
*Badum bum*

User avatar
griffon8
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Southeast Michigan, USA

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by griffon8 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:05 pm

It's just occurred to me that it's now less than a week to the release.

:D :D :D
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing

User avatar
Worthington
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 pm
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Worthington » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:39 am

So it seems like all the regulars will disappear from the forums and we'll have an influx of new people.
This should be fun.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios

dragonfi
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:10 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by dragonfi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:53 am

Hershey's Chocolate wrote:
griffon8 wrote:
Misterbadguy wrote:I'm hoping that it's up by the time I'm home from work that day (roughly 7pm GMT), as then I can spend a little while seeding the torrent (providing my ISP doesn't throttle the living hell out of it) whilst I play. I've not torrented anything for literally years, but I believe that aiding distribution of this is a good cause.
Ugh. I never use torrents. It always makes me think of my computer having unprotected sex with a couple hundred other computers at once.
DAYUM! Sounds like you computer needs to get laid.
*Badum bum*
Use Linux, going by the methaphor, I would say it's biochemically incompatible. :P

On a more serious note, (correct me if I'm wrong, please,) if the torrent file and the torrent client is clean, there's not much that can go wrong, since the client checks the downloaded file using data from the torrent file. (Of course, you must be wary of spiked-up clients, and suspicious torrent files.)

User avatar
griffon8
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Southeast Michigan, USA

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by griffon8 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Worthington wrote:So it seems like all the regulars will disappear from the forums and we'll have an influx of new people.
This should be fun.
And when we come back, we'll be all, "Get off my lawn!"
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing

Vasuki
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: ...

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Vasuki » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Worthington wrote:So it seems like all the regulars will disappear from the forums and we'll have an influx of new people.
This should be fun.
Admittedly I kind of feel like a tourist returning to some place he's already been, what with my whole 5 posts from back around when the recruitment board was still open. ;>>

lazyazndude
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:20 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by lazyazndude » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:30 am

Well, this is a pleasant surprise! I haven't played this game in a few years and the full version is coming out soon.
This is like a second Christmas present! (much better than the socks I've received :? )
This was the first visual novel I've ever played and it was quite enjoyable. Downloaded the newer version of act 1 and its brought back some memories.
The new soundtrack and slight changes to the dialog has enhanced my enjoyment of this nostalgic story. Glad that it's been progressing so well.
Eagerly looking forward to its release. :D (Also, a happy New-Years Eve to all!)

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Erybis » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:28 pm

Worthington wrote:So it seems like all the regulars will disappear from the forums and we'll have an influx of new people.
This should be fun.
Gentlemen.
It was nice serving with you. Be prepared to guard the front line at all costs. Don't let them take our land. The motherland is counting on all of us.

Guest1349598u32

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Guest1349598u32 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:32 pm

So hey, I was thinking.
What if Rin suddenly discovered she had the ability to grow her arms back like Piccolo?

User avatar
Khantalas
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Khantalas » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:53 pm

Guest1349598u32 wrote:So hey, I was thinking.
What if Rin suddenly discovered she had the ability to grow her arms back like Piccolo?
Wait.

What?
地獄から冬の気持ちや我のまで。

Guest1349598u32

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Guest1349598u32 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:21 pm

Khantalas wrote:
Guest1349598u32 wrote:So hey, I was thinking.
What if Rin suddenly discovered she had the ability to grow her arms back like Piccolo?
Wait.

What?
Big.Green.Muscly.Arms.
Also, Piccolo dick.

User avatar
Tahtorak
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Tahtorak » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:20 am

Happy New Year, everyone.

In other news, at least 3 more days (including this one because it hasn't truly started yet) until Katawa Shoujo! Yay!
.., ,
-M

AutisticPsycho
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:10 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by AutisticPsycho » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:34 am

Tahtorak wrote:Happy New Year, everyone.

In other news, at least 3 more days (including this one because it hasn't truly started yet) until Katawa Shoujo! Yay!
Agreed. Can't wait, also hello everyone again.
Me: Hey guys! Hey guys!
Devs: What?
Me: Ampu-tan and Erika cameo!
Devs: No. We have had a lot of threads like this, and we don't need more. *LOCK'D*
Me: Nyoro~n

Fishpick
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:01 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Fishpick » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:43 am

Guest1349598u32 wrote:
Khantalas wrote:
Guest1349598u32 wrote:So hey, I was thinking.
What if Rin suddenly discovered she had the ability to grow her arms back like Piccolo?
Wait.

What?
Big.Green.Muscly.Arms.
Also, Piccolo dick.
Piccolo doesn't have a dick. They reproduce asexually. Duh.

lol

Post Reply