Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Guest Poster

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Guest Poster »

A quality translation can easily take between 6 months and a year. Rewriting a game/novel into another language is a massive and time-consuming task.
Aren't B

Post by Aren't B »

Holy Shit I am so happy right now, thank you guys so much!
V2Blast

Post by V2Blast »

Party time!

:mrgreen:
Pie is delicious.
Crapping Pants in Texas

Post by Crapping Pants in Texas »

You know, between work and school I have very little time to myself most days. And at least half of the hour I have to just sit, I spend catching up on my favorite sites. The devblog has been my homepage for years, and after the 4th I'll gladly spend my precious hour with KS. I hate my job (only day off for me in the coming weeks is the 25th) and my classes are boring, but knowing we're less than three weeks from release will give me something to look forward to.

4LS has done something that everyone said would never happen. They have suffered through trials and hardships we can only imagine to make this moment possible, and (if the blog is any indication) they've used the experience to grow in spite of naysayers, half-assed commitments and a rabid fanbase driving them up the wall every other day.

"These are great days we're livin' bros. We're jolly fanboy giants sittin' at home on computers. When we get done playing Katawa Shoujo, we're gonna' miss not having any VNs around worth playin'."

And since this dead horse hasn't been beaten enough for my liking: ALL HAIL 4LS! CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!
Sleet

Post by Sleet »

...HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG.
Saraquill

Post by Saraquill »

Wow. I know I got into the fandom later than many, but still, I've waited so long that it's hard to believe that a date has been set and everything.

Now to send all the developers a bottle of champagne...
Sluna

Post by Sluna »

Holy fuck, that day is my birthday.
MisterLurker

Post by MisterLurker »

I came from the internet to say "Job Well Done."

*Fades back into the shadows*
Wheelchair-chan

Post by Wheelchair-chan »

yoshipartout wrote:
Khantalas wrote:
yoshipartout wrote:It will be in French ? Or just in English?
The initial release will only be in English. The translations will come later (I assume this is to avoid spoiling the game for the translation teams or anyone they might tell).
How many days/weeks/months need to translate it?

( Sorry for my english x3 )
Ask http://kawasoft.fr/ , they're in charge of it
(It will most probably be months)
Saika

Post by Saika »

I haven't been on the forum in a while, but i couldn't resist posting a thank you when I saw the blog post. Thanks, devs, and thanks to anyone who even remotely helped this project. And now we wait...

Post by Guest »

Wow. Just wow. This is a great day. Totally offset my Jury Duty Summons :D! I'll definitely have to halt my Umineko playthrough for this. Thanks you once again for all your hard work and patience. Pray tell, what's your next endeavor :D?
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

I have LITERALLY spent the last minute gasping for breath. I can't believe it's going to be released soon. I can't believe I'll get to play it before school starts again. I can't believe it!
(Granted, my PC won't be able to handle it, but thank the gods for my netbook!)

*breathes in deeply*

Sorry, I think I need a minute.
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It's astonishing how many people's birthday is on or around Jan 4th...
yoshipartout wrote:
Khantalas wrote:
yoshipartout wrote:[How many days/weeks/months need to translate it?
Depends on the efforts of the translation team. As far as I am aware, only one of the translations is actually "official" and answerable to 4LS. The others have the blessing of 4LS, but I don't know whether 4LS can check their progress (or correctness).
Which translation is it official?
All the translations that have been included in the demo of Act I are official - or Delta wouldn't have put them in - it's just that the Italian one is the only one done by a member of the dev team.
As for the time for translation it depends on the size and organization of the respective translation team. Speaking for the German team, though, I can say that we're going for quality, not speed. So I'll take a page out of the dev's book and say "When it's done."
And yes, the translation teams probably won't get the script files before the actual release date.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Drkstrm

Post by Drkstrm »

Mirage_GSM wrote:And yes, the translation teams probably won't get the script files before the actual release date.
That sucks. I'd have thought translation teams would get the finalised script when it was... Well, finalised. At least it'd cut the time gap between translation and game release shorter.
dividerofzero

Post by dividerofzero »

SWEET! cant wait!