Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Minister of Gloom

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by Minister of Gloom »

I will save you the story of how I managed to get home tonight instead of tomorrow morning, but it would suffice to say that between a hot shower and seeing my parents, downloading this VN was pretty high on my "as soon as I get off the train" priority list. The torrent is coming in as we speak.

Gentlemen, it has been an honor and a pleasure to be a member of your community, to speak with you, and to share your experiences. I think that it is telling of the quality of this game and of the people here that I sincerely believe that once I am done with it, I will remember the hours spent here on the forum to be at least as pleasurable as those spent playing the game. I would like to believe that I have been an indirect witness to the creation of a masterpiece as unlikely as it is beautiful, and would like to remove my hat before all of you.

Good night, friends. I have a game to play.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Minister of Gloom wrote:I will save you the story of how I managed to get home tonight instead of tomorrow morning, but it would suffice to say that between a hot shower and seeing my parents, downloading this VN was pretty high on my "as soon as I get off the train" priority list. The torrent is coming in as we speak.

Gentlemen, it has been an honor and a pleasure to be a member of your community, to speak with you, and to share your experiences. I think that it is telling of the quality of this game and of the people here that I sincerely believe that once I am done with it, I will remember the hours spent here on the forum to be at least as pleasurable as those spent playing the game. I would like to believe that I have been an indirect witness to the creation of a masterpiece as unlikely as it is beautiful, and would like to remove my hat before all of you.

Good night, friends. I have a game to play.
Love you too.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
tony246

Post by tony246 »

*looks and sees that there is still no direct download*
I hate you all.
*weeps*
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I"m just going to say it here:
Thank you, Four Leaf Studios.

That is all.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I broke down and used the torrent. :x

Finished Act 1 and Rin. Onto Lilly
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
tony246

Post by tony246 »

griffon8 wrote:I broke down and used the torrent. :x

Finished Act 1 and Rin. Onto Lilly
I think probably everyone but me broke down and used torrent.

Also, judging by your signature, you either have Rin ranked last on your favorite list or my eyes are broken. Building up to Shizune?
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I"m just going to say it here:
Thank you, Four Leaf Studios.

That is all.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

tony246 wrote:Also, judging by your signature, you either have Rin ranked last on your favorite list or my eyes are broken. Building up to Shizune?
That is correct. I'm playing them in reverse order of preference. Except now that I've completed Lilly & Hanako they switched places.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Congrats on the fifth anniversary of the release of Katawa Shoujo. In that time you've touched the hearts and changed the lives of countless people, myself included (although I discovered KS a couple years late), and I think made the world a better place.