Katawa Shoujo Artbook at Comiket 81

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.

Re: Katawa Shoujo Artbook at Comiket 81

Post by Guest »

Wow, so much mad. The people complaining and the people complaining about the complainers.

I'm glad to see things are going great in Japan, means a lot coming from them.

Also, it's neat to see every one sensing the inevitable release coming closer.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Guest wrote:especially not if you encourage this kind of inactivity from them.
Yeah, because an artbook made by a few dev artists (most of whom are done with ALL of their art) and some non dev artists totally pushed back release a year.
Guest wrote:Selfishness is the name of the game here. Maybe you should come back in a year or two. Maybe when you're old enough to understand human nature. When we want something, we try to get it. It's not complicated.
Being selfish is a great way to be an asshole. That and your condescending tone. The devs will never listen to you. Being selfish will not make the game come out any faster.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Anon678

Post by Anon678 »

Little disappointed to see an update that is not the game, but hey what can you do.

Suppose around now is when all the new people start swarming in to the forums in anticipation, and with it comes entitled assholes who avoided subjecting the forum to their impatience by keeping KS out of mind until' it was about to be released. Maybe I should have stopped Lurking earlier, if only to make sure I don't mistakenly get lumped in with them.
GonGon1

Post by GonGon1 »

Hello, long time lurker here, finally managing to respond to one of these posts.

Me when I saw the update: OHMAHGAWDGAMERELEASED? I CAoh its just an artbook :|

It's too bad a lot of us (including me) can't get it, but I'm not too fussed about it. Even if I had the artbook my friends/family would probably think I'm weird, so meh.
Yubiseiharukana

Post by Yubiseiharukana »

Holy garbage I cannot BELIEVE how much negativity is on this post. It just makes me... I dunno...
Seriously, though, patience is the name of the game (though Sensei never told me which game that was. Parcheesi maybe?). I understand that it is a difficult thing to comprehend for most people, but I promise that it can be done. Anyways...

Congrats on the success that 4LS's project has been achieving in Japan, and I look forward (along with everybody else) to the release of the full version :wink:
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips
DRKO

Post by DRKO »

Considering this project does not, by any means, generate any sort of profit whatsoever for those who partake in its development, I would be perfectly happy with whatever is produced. Do not press for more; get you anything, that it will not.

Post by Guest »

Wait, is it Artbook or doujinshi? Or perhaps doujinshi has other meaning? I'm kinda confused. :?

Anyway, I can't even describe how awesome the cover is. It's really an intriguing one. Now, I really want to know Iwanako's face.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Guest wrote:Wait, is it Artbook or doujinshi? Or perhaps doujinshi has other meaning? I'm kinda confused. :?
According to Wikipedia, "doujinshi" is the Japanese term for "self published works." So that includes manga, hentai, anime, art, anything really. I'm guessing that for you, doujinshi only applied to the first thing well... a combo of the first two for me... on the list. Don't worry, I thought that too until I looked it up.

To answer your question, this is an artbook. It's being self published so that also makes it a doujinshi.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Why do these blog posts taunt me so? I get an update and am in a panic that it was the release.
Don't scare me like that. Just one more week, hold it till then. :wink:

But yeah, I love art books. Just got one from my preorder or Rosario+Vampire awhile back.
It would be nice for local distribution sometime though. Yet I must admit, the Japanese Trans team is doing one heck of a job out there.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Seabass

Post by Seabass »

On Wikipedia it says the game will be released at Comiket. Which means sometime Dec 26-31.

I'm sure it's speculation. But that seems like a good time for the release, to create hype to the Japanese crowd by saying "we just released it in English today," the Japanese translation will be coming soon.
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

[citation needed] lol
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Katawa Shoujo will not be released at Comiket.

Post by Guest »

I have faith y'all will release it when it is ready, and not a moment sooner or later.

Please don't be dissuaded my negative criticism- I appreciate the entire dev team's efforts, but yours especially, Suriko.
/swoons over marimite-influenced blind maidens
Seabass

Post by Seabass »

Curse you, Wikipedia.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Suriko wrote:Katawa Shoujo will not be released at Comiket.
Well, i'm still holding you to your statement of releasing it this year Suriko, but i'll let it slide if that doesn't happen. (predicted date: either Christmas or New Years Eve)
But as long as it releases before December 21st, 2012, i'm okay.
That way, if I'm wrong and the world really does end I can at least say, "I got 102% of KS complete". :mrgreen:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)