Katawa Shoujo Artbook at Comiket 81

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Hurf

Re: Katawa Shoujo Artbook at Comiket 81

Post by Hurf »

Why would you even post the News about a new Artbook at Comiket on the english blog when about 99,9% of the People who regulary take a glance at the Blog have no means of getting the Artbook?
It just boggles my mind.
Xfraze

Post by Xfraze »

Hurf wrote:Why would you even post the News about a new Artbook at Comiket on the english blog when about 99,9% of the People who regulary take a glance at the Blog have no means of getting the Artbook?
It just boggles my mind.
I doubt there would be less QQ if they just posted the news on the Japanese blog and ignored the English one, so in the end, it hardly matters.
elk9

Post by elk9 »

Whaa! The art looks incredible. If I remember correctly, one of the devs mentioned that they would eventually make the artbooks available to the fans some time after the final release.
Btw, I also thought the new post was related to the big release. It just makes the wait more exquisite, that day is certainly coming closer and closer :D
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Japan japan japan japan damn. T_T

Oh well. :D Can't believe you guys are doing this well though. xD
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Awesome cover, though it kinda sucks that even with an english VN made by people who don't live in Japan, it's still Japan that gets the good stuff. Still, it would rock to get a solid japanese fanbase established for the game.
Amazin

Post by Amazin »

I had to post this.. When i saw a new update had come out i got startled and jumped in my chair slightly.. Then i read the title and was disappointed, but then read the rest and was -ok-. I wish i had the means of getting this book!
Cablevision

Post by Cablevision »

lol people, why all the butthurt?

Congrats on the new artbook. I hope to see it in the future.
frequent guester

Post by frequent guester »

anyone else have a minor heart attack when they saw the post, hoping it was the release?
Remmeth

Post by Remmeth »

Hey Whatever.

Go spend more than a couple of years making a game for free.

You'll probably want to make note of any slightly interesting progress of your work regardless of it being ingame or not.

Enjoy the comments telling your a horrible person for stating information about you being slightly successful for spending years making a free game.

After I spent forever writing a 50 chapter book, each chapter being round 5000 words each. The least I wanted someone to read the first damn chapter of it before blowing it off. NONE of my friends ever even glanced at it, they always said "I forgot, I'll get around to it" before they started avoiding me because me simply asking annoyed them. I wanted to murder everyone, over a simple damn book. I cannot IMAGINE the patience these guys have built from receiving a rude comment simply from stating a interesting event or progress.

So seriously, I don't even know these guys, but from personal experience, your being a bigger jackass than you could possibly imagine.
shades

Post by shades »

while its nice that these artbooks and such are... you know... there...

they are not here... an english-made VN... and all the artbooks etc etc... are in japan...

seriously guys, put them up as pay for download... watch the money roll...

in short : why you no love us? why you no want my money? why sell to japanese when loyal fans are stuck with crushing sadness?

for shame guys... for shame...
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

shades wrote:while its nice that these artbooks and such are... you know... there...

they are not here... an english-made VN... and all the artbooks etc etc... are in japan...

seriously guys, put them up as pay for download... watch the money roll...

in short : why you no love us? why you no want my money? why sell to japanese when loyal fans are stuck with crushing sadness?

for shame guys... for shame...
The devs aren't out to make money. The cost of the books at the conventions are only to cover the costs of printing them. Remember, these artbooks were made to promote the game to NEW players.

And again, they may well put the books up for download LATER. Have a little faith.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
musicginsoul

Post by musicginsoul »

Why not some for America. look at the Traffic that this website gets it is only right that we get something to buy from you as well. Do I feel entitled to it? No I just see that everyday FAR! more Americans and Europeans coming here than ALL others combined. At-least show use some consideration as there has been NO word of us getting a thing. Same thing can be said that we won't be getting anything as well so Ill give you guys the benefit of the doubt. Still not gonna keep my hopes high nonetheless. :?
dragonfi

Post by dragonfi »

Well, considering that the devs are developing KS in their free-time, I'm sure they would be more than happy to lend you printing-material,
if you manage to get a table at a European or American *Con (near you), and doing all the related work, including printing, advertising and selling (strictly only to cover the expenses, of course).

In your free time.

Hey, they might even allow you to print yourself a free copy. :P
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

musicginsoul wrote:Why not some for America. look at the Traffic that this website gets it is only right that we get something to buy from you as well. Do I feel entitled to it? No I just see that everyday FAR! more Americans and Europeans coming here than ALL others combined. At-least show use some consideration as there has been NO word of us getting a thing. Same thing can be said that we won't be getting anything as well so Ill give you guys the benefit of the doubt. Still not gonna keep my hopes high nonetheless. :?
Hey, guess what? We get the full release first. All of the other translation teams have to wait for the full release to even begin translation work.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
musicginsoul

Post by musicginsoul »

dragonfi wrote:Well, considering that the devs are developing KS in their free-time, I'm sure they would be more than happy to lend you printing-material,
if you manage to get a table at a European or American *Con (near you), and doing all the related work, including printing, advertising and selling (strictly only to cover the expenses, of course).

In your free time.

Hey, they might even allow you to print yourself a free copy. :P
You underestimate my power sir.