Katawa Shoujo Artbook at Comiket 81

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Katawa Shoujo Artbook at Comiket 81

Post by Suriko »

scott1and

Re: Katawa Shoujo Artbook at Comiket 81

Post by scott1and »

That cover...in the lack of a manlier word...is so pretty, so very pretty. And damn, cause I live no where near Comiket....by a few thousand miles or so...or wherever Germany is in comparison to the location. So pretty.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Very cool guys! Here's hoping that the people who *say* they have extra copies to send us actually go through with it this time! >_<
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

>That feel when there's a new announcement and you know that KS is close to release but it's just another Comiket thing

Post by Guest »

I had a jump, thinking the game might be released- still, this is lovely as well.

Is there any prospect that these art pieces will be available in the final game, or obtainable by any means for people without access to Comiket? It's quite a ways from there to rural Tennessee, unfortunately.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Brogurt wrote:>That feel when there's a new announcement and you know that KS is close to release but it's just another Comiket thing
yeah, I did that too. but hey, the art's beautiful (Iwanako doesn't get much love, but I can kinda see why), so it's all good. :D glad KS is getting so much love over in Japan to need three artbooks.

really do hope we get to see what's in the artbooks someday, though.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Guest wrote:Is there any prospect that these art pieces will be available in the final game, or obtainable by any means for people without access to Comiket? It's quite a ways from there to rural Tennessee, unfortunately.
They might put them up for download after the game gets released.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
toast

Post by toast »

You guys are a bunch of cockteases
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

It's depressing to read about something that the majority of us have no chance of getting. I'm still crossing my fingers that the artwork from all the Japanese only goodies will be made available to the rest of us as either in game unlockables or downloadable from the website. Until then I'd just as soon not be slapped in the face with another 'Look what we're giving to them but not to you!' announcements when I load up the web page. Sorry if this sounds a bit snarky, but like I said, it's depressing. :(
MemoriesofYou

Post by MemoriesofYou »

I agree that it's depressing but... what can we do? :( It'd be cool if we could somehow buy it through the website but that ain't gonna happen I'll bet.
体は剣で出来ている。
血潮は鉄で心は硝子。
幾たびの戦場を越えて不敗
ただの一度の敗走もなく
ただの一度の勝利もなし。
担い手はここに孤り
剣の丘で鉄を鍛つ。
ならば、わが生涯に意味は不要ず。
この体は、無限の剣で出来ていた。
Fuming in Texas

Post by Fuming in Texas »

Cannot into Comiket. Will pay large monies to KS dev in exchange for books. Please to you giving now thank you.

In all seriousness, it is a goddamned tragedy (pardon my French) that we in the West may never see a digital manifestation of all this work, let alone a *crosses fingers* physical one.

Is very sad.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

do want do want do want
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Bara

Post by Bara »

Meh, I never did none of them there doujin things; but how hard could it be? Bet it could be knocked out in one Sunday afternoon, right? :lol:

Seriously, while I'd love to get my grubby mitts on copies of these as much as the next person; getting all angst-y about something that is being done thousands of miles away is a bit absurd.

If you really, truly want to get your hands on an art book project like the one being done for Comiket grab your crayons and start sketching. Then go and register for a table at a nearby Anime Convention.

The final step is to sit back and listen to the cries of, "Dammit why isn't this easy for me to get in in Poland, Greenland, Fiji, Diego Garcia, Peru, Bahrain, Liberia, Malaysia, Japan...".

Either that, or crickets chirping cause your project sucked. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?

Post by Guest »

Give us the game!
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

$20 + shipping to anyone who buys me one of these.