Shizune's Path Direction Complete

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Re: Shizune's Path Direction Complete

Post by Peorth »

Silentcook wrote:Latest wordcount clocked in at more than 485 thousands - that's including all of Act 1 too, but still, it should give you an idea. Act 1 alone is very approximately 15-20% or so of the full game.

For further comparison, Fate/Stay Night is ~800,000 words and Clannad is ~600,000 words.
48hrs or so, maybe 50-ish.
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Silentcook wrote:Latest wordcount clocked in at more than 485 thousands - that's including all of Act 1 too, but still, it should give you an idea. Act 1 alone is very approximately 15-20% or so of the full game.
That's quite a bit less than the previous estimates, isn't it?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Rhaegar

Post by Rhaegar »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
highest estimate was `600k and that was 2 years ago and thus probably pre-editing and definitely pre-final drafts(and editing of those). a 1/6th drop isnt all that much if you're getting ruthless with the whiteout.
James wilson

Post by James wilson »

James Wilson here, i have been looking at all your updates since June of 2011 and i cant wait for this game i liked act one and i found it strange how much i liked the story and i wish you the best of luck! i hope yous never give up :D! your all awesome <3
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Rhaegar wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
highest estimate was `600k and that was 2 years ago and thus probably pre-editing and definitely pre-final drafts(and editing of those). a 1/6th drop isnt all that much if you're getting ruthless with the whiteout.
Pretty much this. The first draft clocked in at 600k, but subsequent revisions of the script have whittled it down. Going by the old first drafts, the extra 100k words will not be missed by anybody.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I think its a good thing that the word count dropped. It's good to find ways to say things with fewer words. I'm a minimalist; if I took the time, I'd find a way to say what I'm saying in this post with fewer words.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Suriko wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:highest estimate was `600k and that was 2 years ago and thus probably pre-editing and definitely pre-final drafts(and editing of those). a 1/6th drop isnt all that much if you're getting ruthless with the whiteout.
Pretty much this. The first draft clocked in at 600k, but subsequent revisions of the script have whittled it down. Going by the old first drafts, the extra 100k words will not be missed by anybody.
But if you DO happen to miss them, here are all the deleted uses of the word "throbbing":

throbbing
throbbing
throbbing
throbbing
throbbing
throbbing
throbbing
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
Suriko wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:highest estimate was `600k and that was 2 years ago and thus probably pre-editing and definitely pre-final drafts(and editing of those). a 1/6th drop isnt all that much if you're getting ruthless with the whiteout.
But if you DO happen to miss them, here are all the deleted uses of the word "throbbing":

throbbing
throbbing
throbbing
throbbing
throbbing
throbbing
throbbing
And now comes the time when we all think seven dirty things.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Limbless wrote: And now comes the time when we all think seven dirty things.
heart·throb
n.
1. A pulsation of the heart; a heartbeat.
a. Sentimental or tender emotion.
b. Infatuation.
a. A sweetheart.
b. The object of one's infatuation.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

ho-lee shit. the Act 1 demo was probably the only game I've ever HAD to get 100% on... and I know I'm going to have to get every single scene in the full game, 'cause I want to read every damn thing.

this now means I have to hide KS from my parents when I'm home for Christmas, 'cause my old man would think something was seriously wrong with me for playing it. :mrgreen: even after I tried to explain! but hey, totally worth it, 'cause once I start on this thing, I'm not reading/playing anything else until it's done.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Pumped
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

For further comparison, Fate/Stay Night is ~800,000 words and Clannad is ~600,000 words.
This is bodes well to me. FSN was.. like reading Proust gone bad? So much watery, wandering, repetitive fluff.. oh goodness.

Anyway, high-fives and handshakes all around! Looking forward to it.
quirk

Post by quirk »

EXCELLENT!

It is very nearly time!

</!lurk>
"Whenever someone creates something with all of their heart, then that creation is given a soul."
-Baron Humbert von Gikkingen, 'The Cat Returns'
PlatonicRabbit

Post by PlatonicRabbit »

All of my love. All of my love. All of my loooooooove. I don't know if I can contain myself when the "Katawa Shoujo: Released" statement goes live.
servantrider

Post by servantrider »

I'll just be happy if the games done a month or two before December 2012. I want to enjoy it before the world ends ^.^

Also, wow my first post in months of having this account. *Retreats to lurkdom*