Rin's Path Direction Complete

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
encrypted12345

Re: Rin's Path Direction Complete

Post by encrypted12345 »

Guest Poster wrote:Shizune's, Lilly's and Emi's art still have to be completed, unless that already happened quietly behind the scenes. Then probably some alpha and beta testing. I suspect a 2011 release would be a close call, though I could live with the game coming out in early 2012. I prefer a well-tested project over a game that was rushed to meet a superficial deadline.
I'm pretty sure that Lilly's and Emi's art were completed some time ago. They were blog posts.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Besides I don't think you can finish directing if there's still art missing...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Besides I don't think you can finish directing if there's still art missing...
Placeholders
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

I'm pretty sure "direction complete" basically means "path finalized". So no placeholders, everything finished.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Yukimi wrote:
Poghorn wrote:
Guest000 wrote:Uh, it's really not hard. If it helps, she has one of those keyboard looking phones. And I don't have any pics of her, so you'll either have to take my word on it or think I'm lying? (Although this would be a rather weird thing to lie about)
I'm pretty sure keyboard-looking phones have smaller buttons. But you have a point about it being a weird thing to lie about.

I guess I'm just interested in how it would work. Have you ever tried typing with your elbows?
I guess having had to live with that all her life she might have gotten the dexterity to hold the pencil with her stubs and type with it standing on a table. I wouldn't have believed a girl without arms could get completely dressed (from underwear to pants to t-shirt, ...), brush her teeth, ... without help from nobody until I saw a video on youtube of a girl doing just that.
None of you have asked the obvious question: what does she think of Katawa Shoujo, particularly Rin?
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Look forward to the final heroine's recap, Shizune's, sometime soon!
I wish to know what you plan to do to A22 to make this happen.
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

encrypted12345 wrote:I'm pretty sure that Lilly's and Emi's art were completed some time ago. They were blog posts.
I did some research (and by "research" I mean "looked back through a ton of blog posts and had a beer"), and I pulled this together:
Emi path: Writing: Path script is finalised. Direction: Path direction is completed.

Lilly path: Writing: Path script is finalised. Direction: Act 3 out of 4 complete.

Hanako path: Writing: Path script second draft finished, Act 4 in editing. Direction: Act 2 out of 4 complete.

Rin path: Writing: Act 4 second draft in progress. Direction: Act 3 out of 4 complete.

Shizune path: Writing: Act 4 second draft in progress, Act 3 in editing. Direction: Act 2 out of 4 complete.
that's from State of the Shoujo 2011, a blog post from the first of the year. so when they wrote that, I think Emi was close to done - don't think we have a blog post about Emi's stuff being finished, I didn't find one. but we've got blog posts about Hanako and Rin's art being done, Hanako's path being done, Lilly's art and path being done, and now Rin's path being done. (not in that order, but whaddaya want.) so looks like Shizune's the last one to have stuff finalized.

sorry for any mistakes I made pulling this together. gonna have another beer now. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Mercutio wrote: sorry for any mistakes I made pulling this together. gonna have another beer now. :mrgreen:
[/quote]
Thank you very much.

It does seem like Shizune is the last one to be completed. Oh well, I can wait a bit longer. >:3
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
outbackshaq

Post by outbackshaq »

Referring to Guest000's discussion, I always though Rin was amputated above the elbow. So she wouldn't have an elbow any more. With the sounds of it, your friend has an elbow and a bit of arm after her elbow so she has another joint to "grasp" things with. Rin (as far as I know) doesn't have an elbow. I thought she only had a few inches of arm after the shoulder.
Theres always a work around ;)
minkus

Post by minkus »

Keep up the good work devs.

One more to go!
Hoof

Post by Hoof »

Taken from this thread:
Wreckusu wrote: Emi path:
Writing: Path script is finalised.
Direction: Path direction is completed.
Art: Unknown
Estimated status: Near complete?

Lilly path:
Estimated status: Near complete?

Hanako path:
Art: Art assets completed.
Estimated status: Fully complete.

Rin path:
Writing: Act 4 second draft in progress.
Direction: Act 3 out of 4 complete.
Art: Art assets completed.
Estimated status: Almost near complete?

Shizune path:
Writing: Act 4 second draft in progress.
Direction: Act 3 out of 4 complete.
Art: Unknown
Estimated status: Furthest from completion.
So it looks like Rin's fully complete now :D My memory is foggy, have there been any other changes since this list was made?
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:None of you have asked the obvious question: what does she think of Katawa Shoujo, particularly Rin?
Now that would be an awkward topic to breach in conversation.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Leon6991@yahoo.com

Post by Leon6991@yahoo.com »

Well the progress is slow... it makes me believe it less and less it'll be done by the end of the year. The last time an arc got done was the middle of the year, so... we'll see. Though I indeed pray to god the arc gets done by the end of the year. I am so stoked to play.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Csihar wrote:
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:None of you have asked the obvious question: what does she think of Katawa Shoujo, particularly Rin?
Now that would be an awkward topic to breach in conversation.
never know, she might be stoked about it. :mrgreen: think about it: how often do you see disabled people in games? usually it's some token person in a wheelchair who's the victim of some tragic accident and all that. or if it's sci-fi, the person's not really disabled 'cause they've got a shiny new robotic arm or something, which kind of defeats the purpose. but here's a game that's all about disabled people, who by the way are well-written and interesting and not actually all about their disabilities, real characters and all that.

I can't say for sure 'cause I'm not disabled, but I'd like to think I'd find even more reasons that KS is awesome if I was. :mrgreen: ...damn, I hope that makes sense.
Leon6991@yahoo.com wrote:Well the progress is slow... it makes me believe it less and less it'll be done by the end of the year. The last time an arc got done was the middle of the year, so... we'll see. Though I indeed pray to god the arc gets done by the end of the year. I am so stoked to play.
the blog post said we could look forward to Shizune's stuff being done soon. yeah, the devs mess with us sometimes, but I don't think they'd lie about something like that. :shock: and besides, the stuff that's done, I'm sure they've been testing it all this time too. since the paths don't really interact with each other (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong), it's not like a scene in Hanako's arc is going to cause a bug in Emi's arc. testing will probably just be playing through the arcs and making sure all the writing and art and direction is as it should be... won't be like beta-testing most games.

I think. not like I've ever beta'ed a VN or anything.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Donelop

Post by Donelop »

Poghorn wrote: I call bullshit. How the hell do you do text on an unmodified cellphone without using fingers? And half of these things would be rather difficult without keeping them an inch from your face. Vids/pics or it didn't happen.
I can do that now with my iPhone 4S!!! Siri text Emi...