Big in Japan, part 4

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Big in Japan, part 4

Post by Aura »

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... eport.html

I think it went well or something. Huge thanks to hir and the guys for everything.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Burial_By_Fire

Re: Big in Japan, part 4

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

That was awesome. More proof that there are KS fans all over the world excited about the coming release.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

seriously awesome, like Burial_By_Fire said. there's something amazing about a VN done by a group from around the world getting so damn big in Japan, where they've got the reputation for being kings of the VN format (or at least the most well-known). just shows that all the devs' work is worth it. :mrgreen:

can't wait to see what happens over there when the whole game's done, though. :shock:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Remmeth

Post by Remmeth »

I'm glad Japan's really into this. Part of Katawa Shoujo is something a like a parody of those japenese highschool anime/games/etc. Even the country that's being parodied can appreciate it if it's made with love and thought. That's how it was for the Mother series, and that's how it is for this.
DarkMeph

Post by DarkMeph »

A big congratulations to all those involved.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Awesome! You guys are getting to experience something so many of us dream about! I know you guys aren't working at this for the fame, but you should be proud and enjoy it as long as KS remains popular :)
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
deadering

Post by deadering »

Great to hear it! I think Katawa Shoujo will always have a special place in our hearts, as well as many others. Cheers!
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

damn that's awesome. You guys deserve it for working on this for years now xD (still jealous)
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

deadering wrote:Great to hear it! I think Katawa Shoujo will always have a special place in our hearts, as well as many others. Cheers!
Oh the irony of this sentence...

Anyways, great job!
Lollercost

Post by Lollercost »

Yonowaaru wrote:
deadering wrote:Great to hear it! I think Katawa Shoujo will always have a special place in our hearts, as well as many others. Cheers!
Oh the irony of this sentence...
Are we discussing the double entendre?

I thought it was quite witty. :twisted:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Double entendre?
I was wondering if the missing ' was intentional, but I don't think so - wouldn't make any sense if it were.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Fhegy

Post by Fhegy »

Eheheeee~ Well reading stuff like this makes me more sure of my previous statement, give Katawa Shoujo a few years more and it will become a big hit animé/manga! :lol:

*Intro song*
"Katawa Shoujo~!"
Previously on Katawa Shoujo.
"Hisao just ate a big cake. Will Emi find out or will he get away with it!?
Oh... and Kenji is drunk... again."

Bad I know, but you get the idea, right? :D
I like toast!
Lollercost

Post by Lollercost »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Double entendre?
I was wondering if the missing ' was intentional, but I don't think so - wouldn't make any sense if it were.
I'm pretty sure it was unintentional, but you can derive from the statement that it will have many other special places, one of which is in the pants.

That said, the real biggest reason I'll love this game is the writing. All of Act 1 has this charming feel to it that makes you want to empathize with any and all of the characters.

Maybe it's just me, though.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Lollercost wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Double entendre?
I'm pretty sure it was unintentional, but you can derive from the statement that it will have many other special places, one of which is in the pants.

That said, the real biggest reason I'll love this game is the writing. All of Act 1 has this charming feel to it that makes you want to empathize with any and all of the characters.

Maybe it's just me, though.
It's not just you. I empathize with all of them as well. Though my sig tells you who my favorites are, it doesn't reflect how little difference there is between them for me. It's not that I don't like Rin; I just don't like her quite as much as the rest.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
RedSavant

Post by RedSavant »

Any chance of having the artbook released in the US, by the way? I'm sure a bunch of American fans would buy it.