The Five Stages

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

The Five Stages

Post by Aura »

Moekki really used to draw an ahegao a day for quite some time to "power" a22's writing. I still am not 100% sure if that was just an inside joke between them or not.

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... s-dev.html
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Climatic
Bringing sexy back.

Re: The Five Stages

Post by Climatic »

There will be more Moekki/22 doujins than doujins of the actual game.
<duanemoody> you're ruining the illusion of craftsmanship we see in every commercial for some product
<duanemoody> like cheese
<duanemoody> it has to be a bearded intense man in a leather smock hyperfocusing on sculpting some pointless detail
<duanemoody> badly lit for maximum contrast
<duanemoody> LIKE THIS, visual novels are made
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Intresting little take on the Creative Process. I am sure that the past what it isfour years have had alot of moments like this four you. I am looking foward to seeking the full game no matter how long it takes. Fan Dumb be damned
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Hamadyne

Post by Hamadyne »

I'm glad that the game is still a-go, at least.

Keep it up! You're almost there!
٩(ˇ▽ˇ)۶

Post by ٩(ˇ▽ˇ)۶ »

i always wonder how you will feel once this is finished...
anyway
go devs!
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

Well the good news is, if you subscribe to the Malstrom theory of game development, then KS will be great when it's finally finished!

(the theory states that the amount of difficulty & frustration during development is proportional to the amount of fun/awesomeness in the finished product)
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katawa Shoujo's resident straight male kuutsundere.
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Working on a long-term game development project along with others is often a lot like being in a long-term relationship. At first there's the butterfly stage where everything is an adrenaline rush, you have sex three times a day and everything is fun, fun, fun. Then eventually the magic wears off and commitment becomes a defining issue. There'll be those "I didn't sign up for this crap"-moments, but also moments where you realize you invested so much into it, giving up would feel like a cardinal sin, so you give it one more try and sometimes discover cool new things that relight the old flame. Though things hardly ever return to the full-blown excitement stage.

Still, it's obvious the people working on this project have the combination of commitment and stubbornness that's required to see a long-term project to completion and one cannot help but applaud them for that.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Making anything will always follow these stages; the feelings are amplified by how many people you're working with.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Aura wrote:The amount of stuff we've scrapped from KS could be bigger than the amount of stuff that is in the final product.
Just for uh... SOMEONE's info... I guesstimate we already passed that line, with writing at least.

I'll let the artists gnash their teeth for themselves, if they want to.

:cry:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

DarkMeph

Post by DarkMeph »

I think you could apply those fives stages to most things. I did enjoy reading that blog post. I am glad that you have decided to to stick with it and not take the easy option.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

This blog made me smile :D
I hope you guys can get a nice long streak of stages 1 and 5 once you're done :)
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

that was pretty cool. :mrgreen: and I gotta say, I hope all the devs can sit there in 2012 and look back and say it was all worth it.

as a fan, I'm sure I'll say that about the wait, but damn, it's not like waiting's hard. :lol:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

lmao
Silentcook wrote:
Aura wrote:The amount of stuff we've scrapped from KS could be bigger than the amount of stuff that is in the final product.
Just for uh... SOMEONE's info... I guesstimate we already passed that line, with writing at least.

I'll let the artists gnash their teeth for themselves, if they want to.

:cry:
Any other devs gonna comment on that? 8)
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
NRidley

Post by NRidley »

Stage 4: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

endless cycle of mad and a bit of happiness
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare