The Blog Returns

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
sn4x

Re: The Blog Returns

Post by sn4x »

I know what you mean about the creative gap, I experience it constantly with my music. I look back on the two years of formal training and sometimes think that I should be better. I've practiced 4-8 hours a day, I should be able to convey my thoughts better than I do. There was a story my teacher and good friend (and all around musical genius) told to me.

He was watching a video of a saxophone player, and this sax player was really good. he was playing in the (excuse me for my music language) key of D and he was just screaming out of his sax and he did this weird walk up into the key C using the key of F and somehow he walked back down in to D. It didn't even feel like he ever left the key of D. The guy on the video said that the lesson was this, that for your music to sound good, you need to have every bit of confidence that it's going to sound good. He's right, and I believe this it true for any type of art, if you want people to like what you do, you have to believe that what your doing is great, because if you don't, people will be able to tell, maybe not consciously, but they will be able to tell.
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

There's something I've heard about writing, that you have to believe that a.) You're a brilliant writer and this piece is magnificent and perfect, and that b.) You're a hack and this piece is complete drivel. When you write, you need that confidence; when you edit, you need that distance. Your mileage may vary, though.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

DMGnome wrote:There's something I've heard about writing, that you have to believe that a.) You're a brilliant writer and this piece is magnificent and perfect, and that b.) You're a hack and this piece is complete drivel. When you write, you need that confidence; when you edit, you need that distance. Your mileage may vary, though.
I do storyboards (I lack the skill to finalize anything [working on that]) so when I compile them together and look at them as a viewer, I rage at the mileage I CAN'T DO ATM. And because I look at them now, before I can finish them, I think of everything I can do with them in various areas.

Which isn't helping me at all. ><
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi